• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

0-60 run in my truck

Maybe we both took each other the wrong way. I was not inferring that this was not an open forum, I think I chose the wrong wording or it was taken the wrong way. If it wasn't clear what I meant was that why should someone have to PM Tim? Why can't this info just be posted here for all to see? I never ever said that this forum does not allow the free exchange of information, I posted over there and will keep posting over there because my thread was pretty much sent to oblivion here. My thread over there was meant to be strictly factual on what went on with my truck and not anyone else. Yet I see over here that Tim is banging on me and my thread over there. I have never said any disinformation about the turbo other than it didn't work on my truck, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Your thread over there has strayed WAY away from just factual with all of the jabs taken.

Your thread over there has strayed WAY away from just factual with all of the jabs taken.

Seems to me that it takes two to tango, so if there's jabs being taken it comes from both sides. I believe that I am still only telling the facts based on my truck and where I'm headed with it.

Here's the issue, Tazz.. you tried to stick to factual stuff, and I recognize that. Others didn't, and so your thread went sideways. Here and there.

It seems to me I commented positively on your installation, hoping we could help you find a reason why there appeared to be a mis-match between your truck and the turbo... but somehow that is also being misconstrued as ALL mods have a stake in the turbo.

Probably by the same guys who take your thread off-track.

So let's assume you are straight about this. How about you assume Tim is, also? Paul gave you the correct answer; people are misrepresenting Tim's story with the TD07 and the ATA IC, to the point where when he posts the real story, they claim disbelief. So he would like to talk with people who want to know what really happened.

Of course, if said people just want to spin out their own version of events, there's no need to worry about pesky little things like truth, or honour...

By the way, I appreciate how you came clean about the rest of the refund. Funny how others will either not believe you about that, or will try to build their own whole new meaning to it.

Like happens every so often, the problem is not the problem.

Tazz nothing nefarious intended; whole story is here http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?2015-Replacement-turbo.

I got a PM with a quote from old site (and not you being quoted BTW not important who the quote was they know) since I have stopped frequenting that site in 2008 I think it was I don't generally read posts there; wherin what I wrote as reason about deleting the IC was misrepresented.

As far as me taking PM request for info, only reason I asked about that was it is far too easy to misunderstand written word as demonstrated between exchange between you & Paul without the inflection of voice or facial expressions, so to provide answer to any question without misunderstanding I was offering up 1 on 1 discussion about how ATT was tested if what was written before still left any questions to the reader.

Actually a majority of what was written in my long testing thread started at old site and as far as I know still is there (maybe burried deep in archives)as forums generally don't delete content it becoming their property once posted, I sort of wished I had pulled all my content there when I had the ability to make it happen as a moderator there before the AutoForums sellout but that would have been petty of me.

I really don't want to dilute Joey's thread worse than has already transpired PM please or we can start a separate thread in OT forum.

Last edited:
Tim, No problem, I did read your whole other thread before I had bougth mine and that was one of the deciding factors. I'm cool and i'll leave this be. I know that I'm still somewhat on edge for the simple reason that no one would take my word about my truck being right. Enough said.

here is my 0-60 run, i have the boost turned up as high as i plan on going with this engine its around 30 psi give or take a pound or 2 for inaccurate guage. I cant wait to try my other turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8sur7w2pkU

Nice run, looks pretty quick.

thats movin!!

Really?

I'm not trying to start up anything here but it looked like a 10 sec run to 62MPH (or 100KPH)

My 98 will hit 100 in about 10 seconds and I thought it was sloooowwwwww.........

Edit* hold on a tick, looks like it might have been closer to 8-9 secs in the video on a second look.

Really?

I'm not trying to start up anything here but it looked like a 10 sec run to 62MPH (or 100KPH)

My 98 will hit 100 in about 10 seconds and I thought it was sloooowwwwww.........

Edit* hold on a tick, looks like it might have been closer to 8-9 secs in the video on a second look.

10 seconds to 100mph? Make a video and post it because thats fin moving.

here is my 0-60 run, i have the boost turned up as high as i plan on going with this engine its around 30 psi give or take a pound or 2 for inaccurate guage. I cant wait to try my other turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8sur7w2pkU

Yup, thats moving! I should try a 0-60MPH with mine, it would prolly be slow though, mostly due to the 3.42 gears and all the addons in weight.

I was inspired to try this in my '99 Burb. Tried a so-called boosted launch standing on the brake and the accelerator and that really added nothing. Anyway, my 0 to 60 run was 13+ seconds.

I was inspired to try this in my '99 Burb. Tried a so-called boosted launch standing on the brake and the accelerator and that really added nothing. Anyway, my 0 to 60 run was 13+ seconds.

Did you have any boost built or just revved up engine, boosted launch should be all power you can build without rolling fwd while standing on brake.

Back