• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

0-60 run in my truck

Thanks for the fun ride! Truck sounds very smooth. Trans shifts are fairly clean.

nice... any smoke with the ATT? your truck is a dana 60 conversion? how does it ride compared to the IFS? thanks for sharing...

Very little smoke, more of a slight haze. It needs more fuel, much more.

your truck is a dana 60 conversion? how does it ride compared to the IFS?

I think the ride is the same, rough. My truck rode nice when it was brand new but once it settled in it was rough. I don't mind it though as I can take my truck places most won't even walk

Very nice Joey, I thought it was respectable, and as long as you had fun thats all that counts :) My standard never seems fast when I see these videos.

I like your Dana 60. If I had the money I would go that route but I think I am going to do a D44 from an 80s chevy and the NP208 transfer case, but with a minimal amount of lift, maybe 3-5". Every time I look at my truck/drive it the more I hate IFS. I bet those air lockers are awesome. I would love to have those.

Anyways cool video, there aren't enough good 6.5 videos on youtube IMO.

looked like 11 seconds to 60...

Seems like.

Tach jumped at 10 seconds on the video and hit the 60 mph mark at 21-22 secs.

Still, pretty good for a 7000+ vehicle.

Seems that 0-60 videos are quite popular on the forum lately. Maybe I should record the OBDII data on mine and see how long it takes........

Seems like.

Tach jumped at 10 seconds on the video and hit the 60 mph mark at 21-22 secs.

Still, pretty good for a 7000+ vehicle.

Seems that 0-60 videos are quite popular on the forum lately. Maybe I should record the OBDII data on mine and see how long it takes........

I did it for a comparison video for another guy who is running a different turbo setup, vs the ATT setup. There is some doubt as the the performance of the ATT

I did it for a comparison video for another guy who is running a different turbo setup, vs the ATT setup. There is some doubt as the the performance of the ATT

you said it needed more fuel...do you think if you were able to get that fuel to it that it would be a good bit quicker?

maybe a better tune would have given you what you wanted... or are you at the point where you are maxed out on fuel with your setup?

Just wondering, cause I know what it's like to drain the rails...on my dyno run of 484 rwhp my truck was starving big time If I'd have had my lift pump setup I have on it now at the time I dyno'd it, It would have been right around 525 rwhp...thats 41 rwhp difference just fueling it properly...I haven't dyno'd since then, but I will just before I replace the engine this fall...that'll give me a good base line to see what all the new goodies going into it have done...

you said it needed more fuel...do you think if you were able to get that fuel to it that it would be a good bit quicker?

maybe a better tune would have given you what you wanted... or are you at the point where you are maxed out on fuel with your setup?

Just wondering, cause I know what it's like to drain the rails...on my dyno run of 484 rwhp my truck was starving big time If I'd have had my lift pump setup I have on it now at the time I dyno'd it, It would have been right around 525 rwhp...thats 41 rwhp difference just fueling it properly...I haven't dyno'd since then, but I will just before I replace the engine this fall...that'll give me a good base line to see what all the new goodies going into it have done...

Once over 2700-2800 it seems to run out of fuel. It's not so easy on the 6.5 to just do that though.

Joey good runs and very typical to performance in mine.

FTB & h/o lift like Walbro really helped my top end fuel delivery haven't taken a video in a while need to do an updated one posted some on You Tube while pulling a small trailer (2) more vids of mine there also but since this is your post I won't fill thread of my stuff in your thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMKd...9v-EXMpXM1CtvhHmcztZ5fiU1h5kAnk0M1nQ7Vw3nYh7Y no smoke (other than 1st puffs that clear quickly) & pretty good grunt on my ATT, a couple of members here have ridden or driven my "slug" :rolleyes5: and were either being kind but from grins on their faces I ratehr think they were impressed what our Jurassic Park technology behemoths are capable of :).

OH for those following the ATT vs performance here & elsewhere, I got copied a quote from a post made elsewhere taken wholly out of context why :mad2::mad2::mad2: ??? about how original tester (ME) pulled his IC because it caused too much lag when used with ATT, WRONG, go back and read up what was said about the IC, it was pulled for an experiment no other reason than that a rather lengthy post here covering it fully.

Said experiment that I did (1st person narrative has historically been most accurate source of information ie diaries of soldiers in conflict);

Anyway, on original testing of ATT after converting from my TD07 Mitsu turbo showed SLIGHT nearly imperceptible change to boost creation (lag if you will) IC vs no IC, and actually ATT was a slightly better "puller" than the TD07 ergo why it has been on the shelf since installing the ATT.

Rather than rely on a misrepresentation of facts quoted elsewhere, I'd be more than willing to discuss directly with anybody interested the EXTENSIVE testing done on ATT by myself PM me and I'll even pay for the call, IMO better to get the info directly vs 2nd hand.

I have 2 ATTs now, IC will probably be going on the burb eventually, though inherently low IAT with ATT it isn't really needed that much , and WMI will be going on truck because I have that also it's paid for pending results of WMI vs IC testing I'll decide which stays on what, my truck is the heavy hauler but infrequently, toting water vs unlimited coolant (air) may be the deciding factor.

My apologies Joey for tracking OT slightly but I felt this point needed to come out, as said before PM me with your # and we can spend all time you would like discussing ATT rather than detracting from Joey's thread.

After owning a lemon Trailblazer SS, a SUV that can do 0-60 in 6 seconds I have stayed away from this thread. Although from a predictable throttle that would reliably return to idle I did prefer to drive my 1993 6.5.

What I'd like to see is the results of this extensive testing here on the forum. I'd like to see this info first hand on a open forum, I don't need to PM anyone. What second hand info are you talking about Doc?

Once over 2700-2800 it seems to run out of fuel. It's not so easy on the 6.5 to just do that though.

Tim tried to explain fueling on the 6.5 to me once...I never did "get it"...

I guess a belt driven cp3 similar to how we add a dual CP3 onto the Dmax wouldn't work?

I know we are talking up to 29k psi rail pressure but wondering that "if" you were able to regulate pressure if that would be a feasible option...You'd have to fab your own bracketry or modify the existing dual fueler kit to mount on the front of a 6.5...you guys are trying so much new stuff by way of turbos with HX(xx) and VGT's why not experiment with some new fuel solutions as well?

What I'd like to see is the results of this extensive testing here on the forum. I'd like to see this info first hand on a open forum, I don't need to PM anyone. What second hand info are you talking about Doc?

AFAIC this is an open form...the only thing not allowed are personal insults...and that is the only thing that won't be tolerated here...

I can't answer for Tim, but my interpretation is that he meant PM him to get his phone # (which I wouldn't post mine openly on any forum) if he wanted to just talk about the turbo that they both have...He's also given his # to people for help on just about everything...

I'm sure Tim would have no problem talking turbo's with you over the phone if you felt so inclined...

There were no insults intended, as a matter of fact I think it is the other way around, someone calls me out, I'm the one insulted. So where are all these facts on the turbo that is all I want to know, I just want to see whatever there is posted.

There were no insults intended, as a matter of fact I think it is the other way around, someone calls me out, I'm the one insulted. So where are all these facts on the turbo that is all I want to know, I just want to see whatever there is posted.

I never meant you were insulting anyone...I was just clarifying for others that may view this thread that this IS an open forum and that anyone can discuss anything as long as they don't resort to insults...

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I may have misconstrued what you were saying, as that (based on some postings elsewhere) that this site doesn't allow the free exchange of information ...which IMHO is not totally true... with the exception of insults pretty much anything goes, except hotlinking to non supporting vendors or non supporting vendors selling their product here...

Maybe we both took each other the wrong way. I was not inferring that this was not an open forum, I think I chose the wrong wording or it was taken the wrong way. If it wasn't clear what I meant was that why should someone have to PM Tim? Why can't this info just be posted here for all to see? I never ever said that this forum does not allow the free exchange of information, I posted over there and will keep posting over there because my thread was pretty much sent to oblivion here. My thread over there was meant to be strictly factual on what went on with my truck and not anyone else. Yet I see over here that Tim is banging on me and my thread over there. I have never said any disinformation about the turbo other than it didn't work on my truck, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Back