• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Garage for Humster.

Just saw this thread for the first time, looks good denata. Lots of work though.
I have been involved in several projects of digging out under building and houses to make a basement.
It is okay if there is someone atop to haul up the buckets.
The best one I helped on, the guy has a motorized home made flat belt between two 12 foot long 1X6s. Cant think what they are called. 🤷‍♂️😖😩
Start the electric motor and shovel the dirt onto the belt and out through a hole dug under the house foundation.
He had a lot of people that needed some fill dirt so they would come over and load up and we didnt have to haul off too much.
After the dig He formed up and poured mono slab floor and footimgs right up against the dirt walls. Then formed out from the dirt walls and poured in between the form boards and the dirt walls.
That turned out real nice after it was all finished. He had all kinds of stuff stored down there.

Found at the sale of military stuff. Now I have an absorber filter, the kind used in bomb shelters. It purifies the air from radioactive dust, chemical warfare agents, biological weapons. The resource is 5 years for non-combat use with a purge of 100 cubic meters of air per hour.
Weighs 70 pounds. Made in 1989y.
I'm doing ventilation in the basement. Price $30 I could not pass by.
IMG20221011201214.jpgIMG20221011195805.jpgIMG20221011195822.jpgIMG20221011200036.jpgIMG20221011200443.jpg

Found at the sale of military stuff. Now I have an absorber filter, the kind used in bomb shelters. It purifies the air from radioactive dust, chemical warfare agents, biological weapons. The resource is 5 years for non-combat use with a purge of 100 cubic meters of air per hour.
Weighs 70 pounds. Made in 1989y.
I'm doing ventilation in the basement. Price $30 I could not pass by.
View attachment 77144View attachment 77146View attachment 77147View attachment 77148View attachment 77149
So we are left to interpret that you do not trust your big guy with the nukes?

I started digging the basement to make just a pantry, then Covid began.. then the war, now cruise missiles are already flying, guys are being forcibly drafted into the army.... and every day the rates are increasing... I was normal, I hope to stay normal. Big guy... all dictators end the same way.
And I will just have a pantry with clean air.

Last edited:
Does the filter have a shelf life?

I was going to suggest you obtain one. Because, yeah, you get sent into Ukraine the dosimeter will come in handy in some places. It's been an interesting read (years ago) about a 1986 reactor problem. Not clear on how well the rest of the fallout clean up has come along.

Oh, you are worried about fresh fallout too? :eek:

Interesting site and photos. IMO the photographer is NUTS. However it's entertaining to view the places through the lens of the camera.

Shelf life 10 years. The filter consists of a dust filter and an activated carbon absorber. I do not think that something will happen to him, in a sealed package. It's like on the packaging of salt in the store, it says "Store 2 years", this salt has been stored in the ground for 200 million years, but in the package you can only 2 years???

Radiation in Ukraine is in the northern part. At the time of the accident, a northwest wind was blowing and carrying radioactive ash. In those parts, there is an exclusion zone where it is impossible to live and do farming. Excursions are organized there. Radiation levels are much lower than 35 years ago. My employer presented lists of those who should not be taken into the army, I am on this list. In Russia, programmers received a "reservation" from participating in hostilities. A lot of young guys left Russia because of the mobilization.

Last edited:
There is a more compact version of the PiN diode dosimeter. connects to a smartphone.
IMG20220421173708.jpg

But the best dosimeter is RadiaCode101, it works like a spectrometer and determines which radioactive element emits. The sensitive element is a scintillation crystal paired with an avalanche diode. It has a GPS receiver, and writes a log of coordinates and radioactivity.
090b5a5b55851442f96ce7c704ad3074.jpg

Last edited:
There is a more compact version of the PiN diode dosimeter. connects to a smartphone.
View attachment 77184

But the best dosimeter is RadiaCode101, it works like a spectrometer and determines which radioactive element emits. The sensitive element is a scintillation crystal paired with an avalanche diode. It has a GPS receiver, and writes a log of coordinates and radioactivity.
View attachment 77185
I’ll have to wait for my morning vision to clear some before I can read about thar radio code thing.

Back