• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best air filter set up on 6.5

My youngest was born when I was 45. Not to bad but I wish I could be more active with them. I can tell in a big way I'm not as active as I used to be. Mostly endurance as I'm still fairly strong. At the end of the day I'm pretty much done for doing anything very active. Boys set up my old weight bench and talked me into seeing how much I could bench, still managed 210 even though I haven't touched weights in over 20 years.

My youngest was born when I was 45. Not to bad but I wish I could be more active with them. I can tell in a big way I'm not as active as I used to be. Mostly endurance as I'm still fairly strong. At the end of the day I'm pretty much done for doing anything very active. Boys set up my old weight bench and talked me into seeing how much I could bench, still managed 210 even though I haven't touched weights in over 20 years.
Aint messing with You old buddy old pal. 😹😹😹😹

@Stoney, I live only about an hour from you, I'm near the Bath/ Hammondsport area. I've done some tinkering with an aftermarket setup for the K47, might be upgrading my turbo soon so I may have some parts for ya...And if you're still having trouble with the truck I'd be happy to show you what I've done to mine and what's worked for me. Think I've recalled you being disappointed with the power, you really need a tune to increase fueling and allow more boost, otherwise it will continue to be anemic. Either that or convert to DB2.

Anyways hope the newest addition to your family is happy and healthy, feel free to holler if your 6.5 keeps giving you fits, we've all been there 😂

Appreciate it!! Nice to know there's someone around that knows these trucks..she's really sick☹️.. now the tranny is sticking. Among all the other problems, feels like it can barely take off then all of a sudden she'll buck and makes a bangingish noise and she gets her pep up. Wondering if rear main seal leak is getting in the tranny somehow.

Sorry she's sick, I'm a manual trans guy so can't help ya much there outside of suggesting changing the fluid if you haven't done that already...

Have you done the FTB (feed the beast) mod? Saw earlier in the thread your fuel tank was de- laminating on the inside, happened on my '95 too, swapped in a tank from a '99 and no problems. Also delete tank sock and use NAPA filter #3270 as an inline filter before lift pump, you'll need to cut the steel fuel lines with a small pipe cutter and plumb the filter in with rubber hose and clamps but it's the cheapest pre- lift pump filter and super easy to swap out.

If the engine is over 200k there's a good chance the rear main seal may be leaking, it was on one of my older GM blocks. There's some guys on here that really know the auto trans, maybe do a separate post in the transmission section. There's also a guy near us in Savona, Steuben Auto Serivce, the owner Scott is a transmission expert, rebuilt my NV4500 after the input shaft went kaboom...

Can definitely help ya with things regarding fuel and air, might even have a FTB modified FFM around the shop somewhere that I'm not using, I'll take a look...

Yeah just got a a/c delco lift pump. Ain't got the cash flow to spend that kind of $ on the FTB. And she's still got the original injectors and glow plugs I think. I know I have not changed them...There probably shot but not much I can do about it at this point. I should get to pick- a -part and get another fuel tank though. Lately I've been having enough trouble trying to keep the front end together.. busted two ball joints in two weeks.. both times I was over 50 miles from home had my wife with me and it was late at night both times so thank God I have AAA... Otherwise it would have bankrupted me just to get it towed... And a major flaw with these trucks.. lower ball joint breaks the truck comes down and lands right on the tie rod every damn time...So right now she really needs a front end alignment cuz I had to basically count the threads the best I could to put the new tie rods together.

Attachments

• KIMG3336.JPG
    KIMG3336.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201104_163233.jpg
    IMG_20201104_163233.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 7
  • KIMG3348.JPG
    KIMG3348.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
These are some other probs I've had in past month or so.

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_180804.jpg
    IMG_20201010_180804.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201022_190407.jpg
    IMG_20201022_190407.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201009_164306.jpg
    IMG_20201009_164306.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 7
Have any of y'all ever used one of these block heaters... And if so are they a direct fit in the lower radiator hose?

Attachments

• KIMG3430.JPG
    KIMG3430.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
You're talking about the ones that go into freeze out plug hole. About what do they cost? Can't be that hard to put in right.

Yeah has one but I don't think it works anymore. Because I can leave it plugged in and that truck still cranks like hell trying to get it started when it's cold.

Back