• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 GMC HD

Fender light? Is that the thing in front of the side mirror? That thing doesn’t bug me too much.

I like the steps in the bed in front of the tires for function, and on a dark color where it blends in or some wheel well trim kit for wider tires, it would match more. I get over the look because of use but I get why some folks would like the look there.
I don’t like the runner step under the doors, I never use them- why take a 14” step then a 3” step? But for shorter people if they work- ok- why not just continue that step all the way down to the rear tire for the bed access?

The rear bumper steps are nice to work off of. I have a couple friends with those already. They make getting in the truck bed easier.

That new tailgate is a cool idea, but a guy st work pointed out that looks like something that can be damaged kinda easy. Anyone ever bowed a tailgate or spilled not friendly liquid on one like paint or used engine oil? That cool step has some potential to have it’s annoying days too. Then he goes- I’m waiting for the 2025 model where the tailgate is an escalator- haha

The GMC wins over the Chevy for looks. I am ok with the rear and the sides. But that front end - in high school we called girls like that - butterface- as in-she is ok, but her face.

"Fender light? Is that the thing in front of the side mirror? That thing doesn’t bug me too much..."

This Will

View attachment 55630

Other than looks what's its purpose. Soccer mom opens the min van door and slams the H#LL out of it, then its broke. GM wants a chunk of change to replace it.

Oh yea believe me, soccer moms will beat the crap out of one. How do I know, 2006 I was headed out west on vacation, stopped at a rest area on I-40, in TENN. I parked away from everyone else, so I thought. Hear comes a mini van to my left, stupid batch in the right front lets her door slam into my left front fender well. She acted like nothing happened, after my temper got the best of me and I said some choice curse words to her, the side door and others closed on her vehicle. Her husband decided not to say one word to me, he knew I was hot under the collar. I then had to apologize to my father in-law about a barrage of curse words. I was lucky the plastic fender flair only had a mark on it, no metal was damaged. Its just the principal, you could park in a 40 acre field and some arse hole will park beside of you and ding your vehicle.

They are copying Ford

Yeah, but they still failed. The barn roof wheel well openings suck, too, in my opinion. I thought they were onto something, when they copied ford on the 1/2 ton version with round openings. Then, they show up with this mess? Fender lights are cute - doesn't prius have these, too?

GMC is far less ugly than the Chevy - I don't think I would actually hide if I learned I had to drive one for work.

Yep, still we're still waiting for more info. GM is long overdue for a bigger/more powerful gas engine. I'm not sure why it's the same displacement as the Duramax though... that's not going to cause any misprints in the paper. /QUOTE]

Yea, why not take a big swing at it and go for a 7 liter or 7.7 liter, something different you know. Horsepower at 500 and torque at 500 or more, then you might interest some of us diesel heads that are thinking about going gas on our next truck. Heck bring back the 8 liter, oh I know I am dreaming....:D

That would really suck to be burning that much gas. :punch:

I assume you were using it as a daily driver each day of the week? Your retired now I assume and your traveling has slacked off?
I daily drove the 03 for 2 years, traded for an 05 LLY Duramax because of the mileage , mostly, and when the 06 LBZ jump out in front of me in June 06, I went ti that. I averaged over 30k per year until I retired. Now I'm at 16k in 30 months since retirement. So, about 6500/year

Caught these on Twitter this morning from MikeWayland.

Here at GM’s Flint Assembly to celebrate the launch of the Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra HD pickups.

Attachments

• 2020flinttruck3.PNG
    2020flinttruck3.PNG
    969.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back