• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

H1 Hummer Cummins Swapped

I rebuild/build/design but I don't like doing trans work, I feel slimy for days afterward. Ha! On the other hand, I'm working on mods for the 242AMG to add the 2 WD like a Selec-Trac, so I never fully get away from that stuff.

Been done. My hummer has it. Maybe ok for trucks and jeeps running it but the exacting balance of weight on 4 points of hummer makes the handling go to crap. I had freeway on ramps I used to take at 60 that now have to be 45. Wishing I could find a good deal (I’m broke) on unmolested tcase for my 95 to put back in.

Over on hummer forum anytime anyone asks about it at least half dozen guys chime in on it being a mistake. Also doesn’t help mpg or save cost on wear cuz it just moves load from front to rear wearing rear faster

That's one of those things like hiding chocolate from a kid, tell them it will rot your teeth and make ya fat but they find the stash anyway. Ha!
It's gotten worse now that another company is selling a pretty pricey unit and advertising 18% fuel savings.
What I've done so far seems to work and would be pretty easy to swap back. If it's the same thing you had done I probably have the parts you need.

18% HAHAHA 0.0000018 maybe. Let me guess-predatory hummer parts & sales?

I had several people argue when I first did mine and got them to finally just drop front driveshaft and saw what I meant. The jeep parts swapped over and it blew up my planetary so that got the smaller jeep one also for now. Functions the same, just smaller so won’t handle the load the same.

Yeah, and another place or two that sells their units. We get at least one inquiry a week so boss said make it happen.

I did the autopsy on the blown up one that we replaced with the MP2225, the input shaft was twisted and bent in two places, planet gears were twisted and chipped, selector ring was twisted egg shaped, case was twisted, ... yeah can imagine the damage with a little HP upfront in 2wd.
The support bracket from Transfer case to frame was a direct result of that autopsy as well. Big horses in a heavy vehicle(7546lbs with half tank and a driver on the scales)
Count down to complaints as soon as one goes out, that's why I insist on testing by the boss, he's hard on equipment, great tester. Hahaha!

I did the autopsy on the blown up one that we replaced with the MP2225, the input shaft was twisted and bent in two places, planet gears were twisted and chipped, selector ring was twisted egg shaped, case was twisted, ... yeah can imagine the damage with a little HP upfront in 2wd.
The support bracket from Transfer case to frame was a direct result of that autopsy as well. Big horses in a heavy vehicle(7546lbs with half tank and a driver on the scales)
Count down to complaints as soon as one goes out, that's why I insist on testing by the boss, he's hard on equipment, great tester. Hahaha!
I'm really impressed with your work, the weight is on the light side. My 3500 is about 9400lbs with me in it.:)

N8, when the weather gets good, you need to stop by and get a ride in it, and bring extra undies. Ha!
There is a couple vids of it on the FB fan page and a friend of ours posted one in his You Tube

N8, when the weather gets good, you need to stop by and get a ride in it, and bring extra undies. Ha!
There is a couple vids of it on the FB fan page and a friend of ours posted one in his You Tube
You’ve got a deal!! I’m going to order some rubber underwear right now!

Back