• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 member locator

I used to work at Newburg Ford when I first got out of the AirForce

Worked at Stream International for about a year before I left Oregon all together.

Maybe I'll return someday but prolly not as long as my Ex-wife still lives in Oregon (or still lives).

Now I live in Berrien Springs MI. about 10 miles south of Benton Harbor MI and 20 miles North of South Bend IN.

Interesting. I live in Vancouver WA. which is still sorta in Missy good wenches back yard. However I also lived in Berrien Springs while I went to Andrews University. I have also lived in Wausau WI as a kid and my wife is from Wisconsin Rapids. small world.

Ware Shoals, South Carolina
About 45 minutes south of Greenville and about 1 hour north of Columbia

Miles City Montana.
Give Me a shout if You get near.
Might throw the boat in the river or go do some ice fishing. Season dependent. LOL

Ahhh yes Miles City. Was visiting all day there last June against my will. The town where every other pickup has a massive bumper/grill guard on it. Two of the tow companies in town are also body shops. Was heading to WI and the stupid wheel bearing went south in my van. Drivers side front of course. 4x4 axle from a 1988 3/4 ton Suburban. I could have fixed it alongside the road except for the bur the bearing made spinning on the spindle.
Special thanks to Rolling Rubber for putting it all back to shipshape for less then the cost of the tow.
If you feel so inclined, take them a box of donuts for me. Special thanks from the guy in the Black Van. I know I will the next time I go through Miles City.

Miles City Montana.
Give Me a shout if You get near.
Might throw the boat in the river or go do some ice fishing. Season dependent. LOL

Ahhh yes Miles City. Was visiting all day there last June against my will. The town where every other pickup has a massive bumper/grill guard on it. Two of the tow companies in town are also body shops. Was heading to WI and the stupid wheel bearing went south in my van. Drivers side front of course. 4x4 axle from a 1988 3/4 ton Suburban. I could have fixed it alongside the road except for the bur the bearing made spinning on the spindle.
Special thanks to Rolling Rubber for putting it all back to shipshape for less then the cost of the tow.
If you feel so inclined, take them a box of donuts for me. Special thanks from the guy in the Black Van. I know I will the next time I go through Miles City.
Well, durn burn it, I could have fixed that for You, or helped You to fix it. I have plenty of tools and AC in the garage/shop too. LOL Would have cost You parts is all.
I will do that in the morning, takeum donuts, as early as I can, they`ll love that. LOL

Well, durn burn it, I could have fixed that for You, or helped You to fix it. I have plenty of tools and AC in the garage/shop too. LOL Would have cost You parts is all.
I will do that in the morning, takeum donuts, as early as I can, they`ll love that. LOL

An AC garage would have been nice. I could have fixed it myself if I had a puller with me big enough. The guy that did the work had a nice puller. I think he used a bit of sandpaper first and then the puller and it came right off. I built the engine and pretty much the rest of the vehicle. Running train and suspension that is. I need to grab another spindle if I can find a decent one for a good price.

An AC garage would have been nice. I could have fixed it myself if I had a puller with me big enough. The guy that did the work had a nice puller. I think he used a bit of sandpaper first and then the puller and it came right off. I built the engine and pretty much the rest of the vehicle. Running train and suspension that is. I need to grab another spindle if I can find a decent one for a good price.
YUP, got a pretty good line of pullers, torch, welders, grinders and a lot of tools in general.
My main job was welding when with the DOT. Guess that is why I am so slow to learn on the electricals and controls of the 6.5. The state had quite a few of them, I just never got to get around them much.

YUP, got a pretty good line of pullers, torch, welders, grinders and a lot of tools in general.
My main job was welding when with the DOT. Guess that is why I am so slow to learn on the electricals and controls of the 6.5. The state had quite a few of them, I just never got to get around them much.

My solution. Stay with '93 and older. hahaha. A lot less trouble to be sure.

Back