• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Second Chance

Well, if you're going to do it, now's the time before it's swung into the engine bay and bolted in. At least a different turbo and CAC, WMI, propane, nitrous, 2nd mortgage on the house. . .

Long time I made more than her. That flipped around bout 10 years ago. I need her to keep me in check-I can spend it all TOO fast.

A LOT of things financially went south rather quickly about 10 years ago. Vegas area and Nevada in particular.

Engine went in yesterday, it is bolted in. Had this little bit of damage on the bottom of the oil pan.:(

I was going to take more pics but forgot. With calving I don't spend a lot of time on it.IMG_0818.JPG

Think of the increased wind drag, though, with that unpainted part of the pan hanging down!:arghh:

Think of the increased wind drag, though, with that unpainted part of the pan hanging down!:arghh:
I can live with that, the front diff. will break the wind. It's the least it can do as it was what scratched the pan.;)

Breaking wind can increase your mpg, but limit the number of friends who ride along with you!

Which in turn, increases mpg even more.

If you can even see it installed just dab some of the paint on with a little paint brush from a kids watercolor set. Paper match works well too. Otherwise plan on painting when you have it out next- hopefully you have to deal with it for over 300,000 miles;)

Which in turn, increases mpg even more.

If you can even see it installed just dab some of the paint on with a little paint brush from a kids watercolor set. Paper match works well too. Otherwise plan on painting when you have it out next- hopefully you have to deal with it for over 300,000 miles;)
Like I'll live that long with the miles I put on it.:rolleyes:

I have 4 rads, 3 have the correct size trans cooler line for this truck. They are all F'ed up. The one with the smaller lines is perfect, go figure. This is a before picIMG_0820.JPG This is after several hours with an O ring pick straightening over 90% of the fins.IMG_0821.JPGWhy do people do this with pressure washers?

Leo, if you give me a place to charge my Ipod and feed me and pay for my trip up there, I will do radiator surgery and get 100 percent of the fins straight. :)

It is mind numbing work, and it takes me a few hours each day for about a week to do one.

Back