• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 LML Alientech EDC17CP19

Leigh Paquette

Reaction score
I tune big rigs already so, I have already got everything alietech kess v2, ktag. I also have New Transdata and New Genius from DimSport. However They have LMM listed I was just wondering for the ones that have this tooling are you using this protocol. as it says EDC17CP18 and the one I have is EDC17CP19.
Any Help would be appreciated

I looked at that system, but was to expensive for my "hobby". I recall you had to buy the newest protocol, but at the time the LML ecm was listed. To be sure, I would just email AlienTech so you don't fry anything.

I'd love to have my hands on it! :D

Alientech just got back to me this morning. It is labeled as generic not under chev or gmc. But yes a jumper wire needs to be soldered to the boot pin. Just gonna need to find someone that knows how the file gets converted from .mpc or .dtf into a ctx for efilive

Alientech just got back to me this morning. It is labeled as generic not under chev or gmc. But yes a jumper wire needs to be soldered to the boot pin. Just gonna need to find someone that knows how the file gets converted from .mpc or .dtf into a ctx for efilive

Does the Alientech not read out in ".bin" format?

Do you have any experience in mapping ecm's?

yes bin is same as dtf. Not pickup diesel just big rig diesel, caterpillar, detroit, maxxforce, cummins etc
I'am headed next week to texas to get trained over the weekend, on efilive @dynocom

Cool. Knowledge is irreplaceable. That's a nice marketable tool for class 7&8 trucks and HE in the fleet world.

Looks like I'm gonna have to get a 40428 delete tuner and flash it and pull it as it doesn't give me any of the aftertreatment parameters. I'm assuming people are editing the files with winols. Anyone know where to get the damos pack?

For WinOLS, I will say this.. you're better off to buy it then go down the "torrent" route. I never did find a good torrent for that to work on.

I was just wanting to see what it was all about (winols that is).

Looks like I'm gonna have to get a 40428 delete tuner and flash it and pull it as it doesn't give me any of the aftertreatment parameters. I'm assuming people are editing the files with winols. Anyone know where to get the damos pack?

The .BIN should have everything, right? What does the bullydog tuner do to give it more?

The .Bin File has everyhting. So when you pull with ktag you get 4 files. BIN, DTF, E2P, And Dim.
So BIN and DTF are the exact same thing. DTF files work with handheld devices made by Alientech and Dimsport not sure about other company tuners. The E2P and DIM file are way smaller files and they would be the engine info file number small stuff like that. The bullydog tuner they sell in canada is capable of doing deletes +add power on pickup diesels.

If you put the file into WinOLS you should be able to find the dpf delete parameters... assuming you know how to do that sort of thing. I personally don't.

I guess a fast way would be to flash the DPF delete from a different tuner, then pull the file again and compare and see what was changed.

Last edited:
Good luck. I'm trying to understand what you guys are talking about, but it's all greek to me, and I'm somewhat versed in computer stuff, lol.
They're talking about editing an engines tune file in hex format i believe. This is basically stripping it down to the base code, and starting from scratch.

They're talking about editing an engines tune file in hex format i believe. This is basically stripping it down to the base code, and starting from scratch.

That would be correct.. then manipulating the factory tables. WinOLS is a 3rd party mapping software that allows you to load a BIN and it scans/loads predefined maps. You just have to figure out what each map is for.. and usually find emissions maps by hand as well.

I am wondering how a BIN file is converted to EFILive format. I am very interested in learning how to use Winols and understanding the level of tuning that comes with it.
Thanks

I am wondering how a BIN file is converted to EFILive format. I am very interested in learning how to use Winols and understanding the level of tuning that comes with it.
Thanks

When you load the bin file in EFILive it's still in BIN format. EFILive just encrypts the file and saves it as their format.

The reason is, you have to use their hardware to flash the changes you made to the tune file. Otherwise they would be out of business.

Codey,
With your tuning hardware you should have 4 files. You only need three of those for efilive mpc, epr, and fls. Efilive Will stich these three files together. You willl then be able to do everything you need to do with all the parameters. As for winols I could not get any gm a2l or damos files. But I did find some VW a2l and damos files do work but you don't get full access...

Back