• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Isuzu 4BD2T diesel swap into Suburban

Good!! You'll like it.

The biggest problem I had was where to mount mine. I didn't want any part of the gauge cluster blocked, or have it sticking up above the gauge bezel, or blocked so it was hard to read. I ended up making a bracket so I could mount it just below the cluster, yet high enough to not be blocked by the turn signal stalk or the tilt wheel lever.

Here's some pics. The first two show location and the third is my view while driving.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. It's 29* out this morning and I've been lazy this morning. I haven't got dressed yet and I was shivering. The pickup is dirty also.

Where did you mount yours?

Don

Attachments

• IMGP1418.jpg
    IMGP1418.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP1419.jpg
    IMGP1419.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP1423.jpg
    IMGP1423.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 22
I mounted mine with double sided tape until I find a home for it. Still not sure how/where I want it. I'll get pictures later.

I was going to suggest checking out Destroked for some cummins conversion parts. I saw a chevy truck with destroked parts to get a tach to work.

Looking good!

I haven't been around in awhile....... How's the burb running? Do you have anymore bugs worked out of it? Fuel mileage changed any?

Have not done anything to it, just drive it. My next projects are to put the stock turbo back on and see if MPGs are affected and also my big brake kit with 6 lug conversion.

re post 251: i know for sure they had a 1 ton 4 door shortbed dually with a vortec 454 i owned one it was a 98 99... one giant draw back 24 gallon fuel tank i could pass anything but the next fuel stop. Great thread Leroy just found it and read the whole thing makes me think to much my brain is hurting. short bed.jpg

Well, Put the stock turbo back on and the MPGs went down, That sucked. I am going to go ahead and put the 6.5 back in it. The Isuzu is a great engine its just that its in a Suburban and it vibrates more than I would like. In a truck or 4x4 I might live with it. Im in the mood for smooth again.
I'll be selling everything needed (every detail) if someone is interested let me know and I'll come up with a price.

Do they make an ISUZU 4 banger with a balance shaft or something to smooth it out? I believe CUMMINS has there new line of 4 cylinders with balance shafts to counteract the vibrations at idle. Or find a DURAMAX and drop in it.

Not sure. Never seen or heard of it on the 4bd??. I think I'll just stick the 6.5 back in as I still have it in the shop ready to go.
Going to junk yard Saturday to cut off the motor mount purches I removed to make room for the Isuzu mounts. I think that was the only permanent mod I had to do and easily revesable.
I want to play with a ATT also.

don't pull it! use liquid filled mounts. Mercedes uses these in there w124 om603 motors people pump 500hp threw these motors in find land daily drivers and the mounts hold up.

Im going to pull it. Bought the motor mount pedestals today. I'll weld them back on the engine Xmember and other than that its just a bolt in.

Well as of now I think I was hacked. All my videos are gone under that name. I'll be setting up a new account and reloading the videos. In the meantime I can email the video to anyone interested although it may be a quite large attachment.

This is awesome Leroy, now if only GM would come up with a 4L straight six turbo diesel we would just buy it from them! In the new Suburban! In this GM has failed, Ford and Dogde as well of course.
GM still makes a 4L diesel. Just not in this country. That is our wonderful EPA that has done that. This is a link to the Australian Holden (GM) site and the new 2.8 Duramax. http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/colorado/performance

Back