• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Working on the 93......

put on the pan after it stopped raining. new gasket and fluid.

next is the tank.

got the tank mounted. my oldest helped me because i couldn't have done it by myself.

there's enough room to see the gauge and close enough to reach in and fill it up.
just need to touch up the rust proof and run the vent line.
bought 25' of fuel line and it was enough to run the feed and a foot of return. figured i would have some left over but was surprised. will get the rest tomorrow and finish it up.

got the rest of the fuel line for the return and got it running on it's own power today.
photobucket has been unfriendly today so not sure if vid will work:

this is the space that was occupied for the last 4 years. the footprint is still visible:

alternator decided to stop working, guess it was still tired. will remove it and get it checked out tomorrow.
already have a paid hauling job lined up next week if i can get it roadworthy.

got the rest of the fuel line for the return and got it running on it's own power today.
photobucket has been unfriendly today so not sure if vid will work:

this is the space that was occupied for the last 4 years. the footprint is still visible:

alternator decided to stop working, guess it was still tired. will remove it and get it checked out tomorrow.
already have a paid hauling job lined up next week if i can get it roadworthy.

Kids tag your fence? :D

What was leaking? Backed in?

no, i tagged the pic.
trans pan was leaking. i tried to weld a drain to it and it looked fubar.
i have a new/used pan with drain now.
it WAS backed in.
added a little more trans fluid today and it ran better. added a new pre-FFM filter also.

I would look real hard at the diff seals including the "fun" ones that leak all over the rear drums and shoes. I have a diff oil puddle from the project truck sitting and two wheel seals in stock ready to go in.

i'll give 'em a check for sure. i was all under it when i ran the fuel lines and spotted no leaks other than the trans.
noticed some surface rust around the old tank location and will be painting some 'stop rust' over it that i just made in a few days.
adjusted the warm idle but still need to work on the cold idle.
removed the 'check engine' bulb. don't need it since the auto has been converted to manual shift.
brake light kept coming too so removed it also. putting the dash back together tomorrow.
wiper motor will be looked at also.

got it inspected today. passed with flying colors. figured i would have to fix something.
got it insured and Mon i will get tags.

give me time will ya? LOL. i have to find the loud injector then i can think about the air filter. still need to change the oil also.
the bbq pit is a cradle i made to hold the bypass oil filter. not sure if i'm putting it back on so might look for a K47.

let me see what i come across at the JY first and will let you know. thanks.

got this:

and some tail light connections. i really messed mine up 4 years ago so had to redo them.
no K47's though. Leroy, i need to get a job before i can 'upgrade' right now. mostly getting it ready for the road.
think i located the loud injector. will replace it tomorrow with some spares that popped and sprayed good.

photobucket is being a bucket right now and not working.
added the OE air cleaner assembly today.
sorry Leroy. gonna stick with the affordable mods right now so sell the K47 if you need to. i want it but can't get it at this moment in my life.

thinking injector. there is no vibration or grinding noise that i can feel.
i was hoping to replace injectors today but something got in the way. hope to look at it tomorrow.

Back