• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Winter's Coming

Drago

Reaction score
Winter is going to be a bit colder this year according to Old Farmers Almanac and a few other sources, I figure on using 5% kerosene in my B100, it rarely gets colder than 20F around here, if I have to use more than 5% I might as well just go back to PetroD due to cost. Sam's is selling for 3.52 at the moment. What do you guys recommend to keep running BioD thru the winter?

I know you can cut regular diesel with gasoline. According to an old vw owners manual you could do up to 50%. Not sure if I would do that myself, at least not that much.

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk 2

I know you can cut regular diesel with gasoline. According to an old vw owners manual you could do up to 50%. Not sure if I would do that myself, at least not that much.

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk 2
Ummm, was that before oxygenated gasoline? High alcohol derivative contents nowadays...50% sounds scary to me.

yeeeeaaaahhh, half gas sound a little much for a Diesel this far south. Which reminds me, The coldest winter day I spent was in Seward AK on a July forth holiday

The guy that I get my B99 from said he sold it all year long last year. He claims that he has loyal VW TDI users that burn it through the winter. I wouldn't even think of using it through the winter where I am. Your probably OK in VA. Just use some Power Service white bottle in each tank.

What this "winter" you guys are speaking of anyways? Isn't that where goes from 100 Degrees down to 70 Degrees?

What this "winter" you guys are speaking of anyways? Isn't that where goes from 100 Degrees down to 70 Degrees?

Now, THAT is my version of "winter". The more time that passes, the more I like the sounds of something like that!

Truthfully, I don't mind the snow at all - it's the salt on the roads that I hate. Just a daily reminder of how much our government loves us.

Didn't mean to hijack - I drive mine rarely enough in the winter that whatever is in it in the fall is what gets me through the winter. It's never left me sitting, though.

Winter is going to be a bit colder this year according to Old Farmers Almanac and a few other sources, I figure on using 5% kerosene in my B100, it rarely gets colder than 20F around here, if I have to use more than 5% I might as well just go back to PetroD due to cost. Sam's is selling for 3.52 at the moment. What do you guys recommend to keep running BioD thru the winter?

Pi$$ Off

We complain about 25 deg. F, but that's probably when people up by Leo start closing their windows at night because it's getting a little chilly.:)

25* in November is a helluva lot colder than 25* in February. That's practically t- shirt weather

Sent from my SCH-I535

Our bedroom window is cracked open unless it's froze shut:)

I Just Google mapped Castor Alberta, SWEET BLEEDIN JESUS you guys are remote, I'd be total nerve bag living there, what do you guys do, have 6 months of food and fuel in your basements, if you can dig thru the permafrost, for the winter? What is the industry there?

Back