• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Winter's Coming

I Just Google mapped Castor Alberta, SWEET BLEEDIN JESUS you guys are remote, I'd be total nerve bag living there, what do you guys do, have 6 months of food and fuel in your basements, if you can dig thru the permafrost, for the winter? What is the industry there?
Industry is farming and oilfield related as well as power generation (coal and windmills). Only 6 months give or take of frost:rolleyes5:. we're about 80 miles from a city of 100k+ Edmonton is 2 1/2 hrs and Calgary:rolleyes5: is 3 hrs.

Industry is farming and oilfield related as well as power generation (coal and windmills). Only 6 months give or take of frost:rolleyes5:. we're about 80 miles from a city of 100k+ Edmonton is 2 1/2 hrs and Calgary:rolleyes5: is 3 hrs.

What are the summers like, It's like Africa around here, 90+ degrees and 100% humidity

What are the summers like, It's like Africa around here, 90+ degrees and 100% humidity
They vary from year to year. The last three have been cooler and wetter with nice harvest weather in the fall. Until this week Sept. had 90* temps. summer humidity was very high, I could hardly stand 70*'s.

2002 was so dry and hot with grass hoppers eating the paint off buildings, temps were 110*. Not many years are the same so we are at the mercy of what weather comes.

did some experimenting, I put a jar of B100 in the deep freeze, Minus 5F, and in an hour it was a block. My next test I used a 10% clear kerosene and it stayed liquid, clouded, but liquid. I figure I should easily manage 20F nights with a block heater.

Just try and add the correct dosage for the jar size that you have and see if the Power Service Fuel Additive helps from the waxing or not. You won't need much seeing that a small amount is needed for the whole tank.

Adding Power Service at this point is added insurance and I would suggest that.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Back