• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Windows 7

Well, my new laptop just arrived today, nothing like finally getting started on homework i should have been tinkering with all semester.

I ordered it to business specs (I am a business major) Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, office 07 small business edition. IIRC, it has 2gs of memory. Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

I bought it through Toshiba, reason being, I have witnessed and heard that Toshibas are tougher than their competition, so i fugured with all the road vibration this will possibly endure, might as well get a tough laptop.

So, I will be starting it for the first time on Monday, as i want the full awe inspiring experience of a new computer on high speed internet, not dialup here at home. So i will see how that goes. Right now i am talking to you on parents' Dell desktop running XP, which i am gonna let install SP# tonight, 7+ hours on dialup, woo hoo.

I speced out for my sister a Toshiba laptop running Vista, and frankly, she has been pleased with it. It has Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

According to all the Computer techies I talked to leading up to each purchase, the thing that really matters most is the processor. they all said don't skimp on the processor. They also said that the 64 bit versions seem to behave better than the 32 bit versions.

Last edited:
I have a 64 bit version and the boot times are longer and I have no real need for one. I am not using any software that requires 64 bit so I will keep my other computers at 32 bit.

well should i change from xp sp3 to win 7-64bit ?,office also has xp sp3 and has 4gb ram and a 1gig video card[xp doesen't see anymore ram then 3gig] will this help with the videos and live auctions not flickering?

I would stay with XP SP3, and as far as video flickering is your video card PCIe? Your ISP might be partly to blame on the flickering, doubtfull but possible as some bytes are being lost. you might also want to find out what vid code is running the auction sites. Looking at something live depends on the other side sites....how much bandwith they have to broadcast.....

Well, I am coming to you live from windows 7 ran IE8, and i am highly pleased, gonna keep looking around, but so far, so good!

Back