• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where are all the tunes for lbz street/race

Roycer

Reaction score
I am late getting into the tuning world but finally purchased a Flashscan v3 and would like to tune my lbz.
After seeing how many tuning libraries there used to be versus now I can only conclude places want to keep the $$$ locked up and not available to the average joe.
Is there any sites available where owners share their knowledge and help one another learn and build tunes without profit in mind?
Thanks for any help, Royce

The EPA is turning a blind eye to pre DEF truck tuning. They are more concerned with 11 and up trucks because of the DPF being removed. EFI live still allows EGR tuning on the early duramax. Its still illegal to tune out emmisions. So depending on your state inspection laws you need to be careful.

The simplest tune I do is a 20/20 tune. But thats is designed for LB7 and LLY. For a LBZ look for a video on YouTube called "how to make tow tune for LBZ with EFIlive" he will walk you through the basics on the video. He doesn't show you how to turn the EGR off, but it's super easy to do once you get familiar with EFI live. I used this video to set up my LBZ tunes at work then make slight adjustments for each customer. We don't do heavy performance tuning alot so a light tow tune that improves milage is what most of my customers are looking for.

Always save your stock tune file so if you make a mistake you can flash back to stock. EFI live is alot of fun to use but make adjustments in moderation. A little can go along way.

The EPA is a part of it, but it is not the main reason you don't see tunes posted online. Speaking from my own experience, I spent MANY a night behind my computer doing tuning for people completely free of charge because somebody did the same for me when I 1st started out when everybody kept telling me it was over my head, and to just buy tunes from a pro. Then 1 day I found out a shop had found some of my tunes I uploaded and was selling them as there own. So I stopped posting my work, but I still helped people who had tuning issues( many from big name tuners) that they couldn't get fixxed until I found out that 1 of the people I had spent 3 days with getting his tune ironed out was actually a tuner charging a customer for MY work. And to add insult to injury he posted on a forum bragging about how hard this tune was to fix and how he found it on his own. Add the EPA and there current hard on for ALL diesel tuning(they may be targeting 07+ DPF deleters, but I've seen guys who did pre-DPF only get busted) and needless to say I haven't done tuning for anybody else since.

And not to mention the EPA making a new account on a site asking for help when the intent is to flush out people.

Point is, the online community has either gone offline or stopped as nobody wants to be the little fish that gets turned into an example.

Really is too bad as while the intent of eliminating the people whom want to pollute more is a good thing, and at the same time it stifles people from improving an older platform. End result is that older vehicles get locked-into polluting at their same rate as when originally designed despite the possibility that modifications can improve the situation. Sad, but it is what it is.

If You tap the Whats New button of the menu, then, scroll down that page.
I believe that there are some kind of tune files.
I do not know a thing about exactly what they are, I just ass-umed that they are files that can be used to modify a tune on specific year and model of trucks.

The EPA is turning a blind eye to pre DEF truck tuning. They are more concerned with 11 and up trucks because of the DPF being removed. EFI live still allows EGR tuning on the early duramax. Its still illegal to tune out emmisions. So depending on your state inspection laws you need to be careful.

The simplest tune I do is a 20/20 tune. But thats is designed for LB7 and LLY. For a LBZ look for a video on YouTube called "how to make tow tune for LBZ with EFIlive" he will walk you through the basics on the video. He doesn't show you how to turn the EGR off, but it's super easy to do once you get familiar with EFI live. I used this video to set up my LBZ tunes at work then make slight adjustments for each customer. We don't do heavy performance tuning alot so a light tow tune that improves milage is what most of my customers are looking for.

Always save your stock tune file so if you make a mistake you can flash back to stock. EFI live is alot of fun to use but make adjustments in moderation. A little can go along way.
Thank you

Back