• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's the best block to bore and put marine pistons and 20 lbs of boost with head studs

More so, if someone made a complete girdle like the p400 that is all main caps and uses all the pan holes as studs that you upsize to 1/4”. That is a far easier piece to machine. $1,000 would be a very reasonable price for one. How many would buy it? I would say no more than 100.

If you'd ask me right now I'd say if I wanted a full size SUV I'd buy a Ford Excursion with either a 7.3 or a 6.0 diesel hands down after what I've been through. If I wanted a pickup either short box crew 4x or a dually I'd buy a Dodge Cummins or a GM Dmax. Just my 2 cents.

I know I started this thread but here's my 09 Cummins, it's like a Rolex, set it and forget it!

Attachments

• IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 8
Oh, but my $50,000.00 Suburban with the P400 just sits in the garage and sucks up time and $.

Attachments

• IMG_3918.JPG
    IMG_3918.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3952.JPG
    IMG_3952.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3953.JPG
    IMG_3953.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 13
I know I started this thread but here's my 09 Cummins, it's like a Rolex, set it and forget it!

The love a 6.0 Ford diesel? Get yourself an Olds 5.7 Diesel while you are at it to complete your collection and we can see what blows up first: the 6.0 or the 5.7. :p

Cummins is proud of their parts. Been there, blown a couple up, and have the carnage trophy! That would be $10K in an engine rebuild and then just add injectors about half the engine rebuild cost.

Ok the bad rebuild lasting 500 miles doesn't really count. "WTF you didn't put a NEW oil pump in?" As we are looking at min spec oil pressure. Yeah that knocking SOB is coming back out...

The love a 6.0 Ford diesel? Get yourself an Olds 5.7 Diesel while you are at it to complete your collection and we can see what blows up first: the 6.0 or the 5.7. :p

Cummins is proud of their parts. Been there, blown a couple up, and have the carnage trophy! That would be $10K in an engine rebuild and then just add injectors about half the engine rebuild cost.

Ok the bad rebuild lasting 500 miles doesn't really count. "WTF you didn't put a NEW oil pump in?" As we are looking at min spec oil pressure. Yeah that knocking SOB is coming back out...
The 6.0l isn't all that bad, I would definitely rank it above the 6.5l. Do the right mods/upgrades, and they've proven themselves to be pretty tough. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if a good enough deal came along.

Agreed, If you threw as much $ as I have on my P400 at a 6.0 Ford I believe you would have one damn strong running engine. And I would trust it under higher loads than my P400. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, If you threw as much $ as I have on my P400 at a 6.0 Ford I believe you would have one damn strong running engine. And I would trust it under higher loads than my P400. Just my 2 cents.
I believe they estimate right around $3500 in parts to do everything. Then they're pretty solid.

Back