• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What's eveyone's opinion on best radiator out there?

Hard to find a "good" radiator these days. Even the name brands are made in China or Mexico. Never bought one, but Griffin makes some very nice looking stuff - with a price to match.

VISTEON makes a great radiator for a stock replacement as they made the OEM radiators. SPECTRA seems to be teh one that all of the aftermarket is going to now though, and I have seen a pretty high failure rate in them. I paid for a VISTEON from CARQUEST, but got a SPECTRA as they had changed vendors and could no longer get VISTEON even though the computer still showed it. I hope it holds up. GRIFFIN makes an AWESOME radiator as well as BE COOL, but I don't think they make a drop in replacement for the 6.5 trucks(and you will pay DEARLY for one). If your in Fl I still have an OEM radiator that had less than 5K miles on it since I replaced it before I did my engine swap.

I suspect Visteon is out of business or get bought out by somebody else???

I don't have any experience with the 6.5L radiator.
In the camry, the chinese made is better built than the OEM. Not sure how and why, may be I am just lucky.
But those are plastic radiator. I figure the price is cheap enough even if I have to change it every couple of years.

I just put one in from 1 800 Radiator. It was still a chinese one, but looked pretty good. I tried to get a Visteon, but nobody handles them around me.

I suspect Visteon is out of business or get bought out by somebody else???.

They filed bankruptcy (chapter 11 I think) a while back, about when I was trying to buy a radiator. I was told they shipped all their manufacturing to Mexico. I know at that time, supply was spotty at best. I wish I knew of a good USA made radiator, but I think most these days are made in China or Mexico.

Back