• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What would you still consider a 6.5?

chevyinlinesix

Eyre Flow Headers
Reaction score
A simple question, what would you guys still consider a 6.5l diesel if one were built to the nines?

As in the ONLY stock parts are the block, accessories, and small odds and ends like that. Assuming the bore and stroke stay the same of course (save for a .020" possibly. Thanks for your input.

Nope, Think 6.5 Bottom end with Dmax top end, Fuel system, Probably a modded 6.5 timing cover to drive a cp3. I might be a little bit off but not much. We were talking about this the other day.

So Dmax heads will bolt on a 6.5?

From what I see, they are close enough. The block deck will be plugged and new holes drilled into it.

As for the bottom end, mine will be stronger than a Dmax bottom end. Yes, it is a lot of work, and yes I could use a P400 block, but I'd have to buy a complete engine to get the P400, and it seems wasteful to buy a whole new engine just to tear it down and change everything. Once I get my hands on a set of head gaskets, I'll be able to verify a few other things as well, but all looks good so far.

Ya know the more I think about this the more I don't think I would consider this a 6.5 anymore. Part of what makes it a 6.5 is the IDI part of it. If your going to all the trouble to modify the block to put Dmax heads on it why not just use a dmax?

Back