• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What tires do you run?

Winter time I run Cooper STT 235/85. Been using them for 4 years now and love the traction I get from them.

Summer I just run Toyo AT's. Not impressed with them as they are wearing out FAST.

Was thinking of getting a set of BFG's A/T KO or Copper ATR's some time soon, but I am pretty happy with how the stock Bridgestone's are wearing. 10k miles on them right now and looking pretty good. Will rotate them this week. Next set will be 265's but still undecided on which ones to go with.

just put on two pairs of new shoes....same size of others...315/75/16...or 35/12.8/16 for those who don't want to figure out the math..lol....Maxxis Bighorn (MT) 19/32 tread/siping/and studded...pics to come along with new winch install....10k Smitty...thought I'd try it have a Warn 9500i also...:smile5:

I run power king Super traction 7.50-16's for the snow and 235/85R16 Work horse extra grip good years or Firestone destination MT's in the summer time. . .

Mikey

Glad to hear there is some support for the BFG's. I didnt like my At's much, had them on the truck when I got it. They were wore purty badly, and there was little to no wet road traction. I like the MT's on my Blazer and I wouldnt rule them out for my Dmax once I get a little lift on her. Has anyone run the Goodyear MTR's on a heavy Diesel?

I had the Goodyear MTR's on my 03 Dodge 3500. Destroyed them!!!! Awesome traction while they lasted though. Was in for A new set in Four months. 25,000 Km's...... I am A big fan of the Dick Cepek Mud Country's. Run the legs off of A few sets of them and they have been good too me.

Cepeks are nice...I like the new ones...... came out with a couple new designs after years....hard to find an outlet that sells them though

Dakota definity mt They are cheap and go like hell! they get mud every where lt285/75r16 load range d 130 a tire at pep boys. no complaints

I can't remember who i got them from but i got 4 265-75-16 Pro comp a/ts to my door for 700$. Being a cheap bastard I mounted them myself with a couple tire irons.

I'm one my second set of Parnelli Jones Dirt Gripz. Very good tires, quiet for a mud terrain, they run about 40K, and great on the rocks, but they are VERY heavy!

coopers discoverer stc they are suposed to be chip resistant and so far they havent got a single chip and i drive gravle every day the arer good on the road and pretty nice in the mudd

41" IROKS on a 4.5" Icon lift..

climbing, mud, or rocks,..IROKS destroy all other tires...

StumpnMAY089.jpg

2007-084WheeinginLouisiana14.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

Hey tank, are your Irok's bias or radial?

I've been considering them for my next set since I heard that they are lighter than the ones that I'm running. Also, how many miles do they run?

I can get about 40K out of the PJ's.

Radials,...good luck getting 30k out of them,..I'm on my 3rd set of Iroks...20-25k..

But they aren't made for road mileage,..they are made for offroad traction,...and that is what I care most about...

street queens wear Toyo's...LOL....awesome mileage....so so offroad..

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. My PJ's do awesome in the rocks which is where I play, awesome on the street, and will run 40k, so I guess I had better stick with them.

I don't play in the mud, I'm to lazy to wash it. lol

street queens wear Toyo's...LOL....awesome mileage....so so offroad..

Guilty as charged. LOL

I just put some toyo MT (37X13.5X17) on the excursion. Its too big and pretty to tear up off road so I dont know about the off road aspects, but they look like they should do ok. I had DC Baja Claws and hated them with a passion. Wear like marshmellow, stick like teflon. The one and only thing they were good for was mud and I dont "do" mud. Rain, snow and dry, they were worthless.

Had BFG's (31") on the sammy and they werent bad, but were showing their age, anyway, they stayed with the axles when I traded them, so I bought some used 33's to get me thorough the rest of the season. I have no idea who makes them, but they are some impressive tires. I might have to buy them new if I can find them.

My buddy just got a set of 35" Kumhos. Mean, gnarly looking tires. Priced right, I might look at them too.

Tim

I hear ya...

when I see posts like "best tire",... people rarely ask the right questions...

Tires are designed for specific reasons....offroad, mileage, towing,..and looks are secondary.

There is no perfect tire,..because what one person thinks is perfect,..another person might not...

My perfect tire:

The offroad traction of a bogger, the looks of an Irok, and the wear of a Toyo H/T...

bogger
bogger.jpg

Irok
Super_Swamper_IROK-Bias.jpg

TOYO H/T
163_news090417_02l+toyo_open_country_ht_with_tuff_duty+tread_view.jpg

Let me know when they make that one, I'm in! :D

Here's proof Toyo's should never be considered "M/T's"

When they fail on supposedly one of the best offroad vehicles ever built....it's obvious they suck offroad..

Brand new 38" Toyo's.....F250 has slightly worn 38" SSR's.

4x4ingjuly09061.jpg

4x4ingjuly09025.jpg

4x4ingjuly09037.jpg

And here is a guy that went 4 wheeling with me.....spent a lot of time being stuck that day..

rainwaterwheelnMar08.jpg

TOYO = street queen/show truck tires...

Last edited:
i've got 35x14.5 pitbulls on my k30, i'll get pics asap but these things grip wonderfully, really soft rubber though so they will wear fast.

Back