• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What tires do you run?

Pipepro

McMuddy
Reaction score
Thought we could hear what everyone is running Off Road and how they feel about em.

Got some Michelin LTX M/S on the Dmax. Ride great, seem to wear like iron. Good in the rain and street snow BUT they Suck off road. No surprise there, the tight tread blocks and shallow lugs make em pack up real quick. Got me stuck in some wet grass/light mud. I may never live it down.

Got BFG Mud TA's on an old Blazer. Good in the shallow mud, clean well, not too loud on the street. A good all around tire that I consider a real "All Terrain".

Super Swamper TSL Have them on my '77 Bronco. Fair on the street as long as it is dry, Bad in the snow. Great off road, super in all types of mud, wet grass etc. good sidehill bite and dont dig too much. My Favorite off road tire.

BFG Silvertown Field tires, The tractors I have on my Bogger. Dig like a mutha, always going to go somewhere, never just spin. Either forward or down but not sittin still :D Wild on the street (just once :nono:) Tear the heck out of everything they touch, Grass, Dirt, Mud, Fenders.

What are yall runnin?

right now 35" BFG AT's on the blazer, soon to be 37" muds, then 38" boggers once I can afford to buy a set.. probably will keep the 35's if possible for the winter, else i'll have to sipe the boggers a bit more

winter 235/75/16 BF commercial TA's with studs on the silverado
summer 35" Cooper SSX'es on h2 rims.

I have 295 70 17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Silverado wrapped around H2's. I have 285 70 17 BFG At's before that. They wore well, I just whated to see how the Nitto's would do. Jury is still out.

The BFG's did great off road - for the first 20k. But as soon as you get out of sync on the rotating they went to hell. I did get about 55k out of them though.

Glad to hear there is some support for the BFG's. I didnt like my At's much, had them on the truck when I got it. They were wore purty badly, and there was little to no wet road traction. I like the MT's on my Blazer and I wouldnt rule them out for my Dmax once I get a little lift on her. Has anyone run the Goodyear MTR's on a heavy Diesel?

Glad to hear there is some support for the BFG's. I didnt like my At's much, had them on the truck when I got it. They were wore purty badly, and there was little to no wet road traction. I like the MT's on my Blazer and I wouldnt rule them out for my Dmax once I get a little lift on her. Has anyone run the Goodyear MTR's on a heavy Diesel?

Rydynhi4x4 has them on his truck 2500HD

I'm running the Mickey Thompson MTZ's. 38/15.50/20. Good tire in every condition I throw at em. --- I've been a BFG fan for years, great tires.

The only issue with basically all BFG's is that in the terrain I encounter here in alaska they will fill up and not self-clean.. ESPECIALLY AT's... there's little to no terrain where those are really useful if you leave anything beyond an unimproved road here.

hence the getting stuck... Good learner tires though for wheeling if you have them just as 35's because they force you to have to pick a good line... then once you have bigger tires you still pick the good line and it's much easier.

Has anyone run the Goodyear MTR's on a heavy Diesel?

running 37/12.5 MTR's right now on H2's, only had them on a few weeks so i havent had them in any mud or anything yet, they seem to ride pretty good, mine were used and worn pretty unevenly when i got them but they are smoothing out and riding better every day. not too loud either. also run 37/13.5/20 Toyo MT's and i love them, great in moderate mud, my dmax never sees real deep stuff though, thats what my wheeler with swampers is for! then in the winter i run 285 BFG AT's on stock PYO's and they have been great tires, wear really well and are real good in the snow on the street, deep stuff and mud not soo good but for an AT id say they do as good as they should.

I've got the stock 265/75/16 Bridgestone Duravis tires on my truck. They suck all around. The ride's terrible, they pick up every rock on the road, they wear funny, they suck in the mud (as any road tire does), but I suppose they're good with a trailer. NEVER will put another set on this truck.

I've been running GoodYear Wrangler Silent Armor LT265/75R-16E and I'm very happy with them. So far, with 14K miles, they show very minimal wear. they are very quiet and traction has been excellent.

33x12.5 bfg mud terrains on my blazer, work excellent for me in most types of terrain and are wearing evenly and slowly.

On my dmax I have run, Mastercraft CT's, Cooper Discovery SST, Mastercraft Mudders, and now I have Yokahama AT's. The yokos are quiet and seem to run well with little wear in 8000 miles. I was a little concerned how they would perform in the mud, but they have done well so far. All the others are more mud tires, which I like more, but with the price you pay for these suckers I am trying to get something to wear longer. Plus it's nice to have a good ride with less road noise. Damn did I just say that? I must be getting old.:banghead:

Back