• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What kind of Phone?

What kind of cell phone do you prefer/have?

• iPhone

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Android

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Blackberry

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Flip Phone

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Brick (Solid Phone)

• Note taped on an actual brick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tin Cans on String

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's a Cell Phone?

• Total voters

Ed HD

Formerly: Dad's 05 LLY
Reaction score
I'm sure this one got asked, but it's always worth a repeat!

What kind of Cell Phone do you have/prefer?

iPhone
Android
Blackberry
Windows Phone
Flip Phone
Brick (Solid Phone)
Note taped on an actual brick
Tin Cans on String
What's a Cell Phone?

I still have one of them old fane dangled flip phones. Only basic internet, texts, and phone calls. Works for me as it is a mil spec water proof phone, and I sweat ALOT when working so I need that is water resistant(I've killed a few phones from using them when working and my sweat getting into them).

I have a Droid 4 but I miss my Blackberry.
I saw the new Q10 ad and thought I would grab it since they brought the keyboard back but they did away with the red and green buttons???? I like the red and green buttons because I can just hit the button with nasty hands without all the swiping and crap you have to do with a touch screen!

I voted Iphone because it is what I have, I miss my old flip phone I lost a month back. It was nice and compact, all I do is make or receive calls.

I have the just short of bombproof phone. water and dust tight. that and it's taken more than it's fair share of drops. they built the phone well but the charging cable sucked for it. now it's a couple wires taped to the battery terminals when I want to charge it.:mad2:

touchscreens and I don't always get along and I don't need(or want) all the bells and whistles.

HTC 8X running Windows 8.. It's pretty darn awesome. Very easy user interface. Held out long enough with the OLD NEXTEL Motorola flip phones.

Have it protected with an 'Otterbox' armour and belt clip holster. It will at least stand a 'chance' and last a while this way.

Just gave up the ol' flip phone for an iphone 4. Kinda had to have for work. Always hated technology. Hate it more now.

Gave up a 9 year Sanyo flip phone for a new Galaxy S3 in April. Went an all new direction for home and cell phones and internet and so far really like most things about it all. Got much more for less $. Bluetooth music and phone in the truck ROCKS!

I've gotten used to Android phones. Have an HTC Evo 4G that's got a battery which lasts a half day keeping the wimax turned on of I'm lucky.

I'm looking at either an HTC one , a Samsung galaxy S4 or (can't believe I'm saying this) an iPhone 5. May also look to switch carriers to get off the CDMA network and on to GSM since 90% of the rest of the world is on GSM.

As much phoning as do, I opted for tracphone, 100 bucks a year for 400 minutes. After 7 -8 years I have 1600 minutes + -. The 1st fone was a nokia 1100?, your VERY basic fone, all I needed & wanted. Never recharged batt till I HAD to, it was still (the original) in the phone when it died last sept. I replaced it with a samsung flip which cost $14.99 & came with a doubling coupon so I got 800 minutes for a hundred bucks. I prefer the old nokia but they dont have it anymore. The samsung is WAY too easy (on purpose, I think) to accidently go on the i-net, whitch really gobbles up the minutes. Im sorry but these 1 1/2" screens are not good for the 'net. -c-

I forgot to post: I just got myself the Galaxy S4 from my Droid Razr, which was an insurance replacement for my Droid Bionic, which replaced my HTC Incredible. Needless to say I'm on the Android train, lol.

I'm still on a motorolla X2 which has been great and am getting a new one soon under warrenty because the camera has never worked, the last one lost HDMI but everything else was fine. I cant get my free upgrade until next march. My otter box has worn out both phones.

Like Ferm I kill any phone with a dial pad due to sweat getting into the phone.

Just ordered an HTC One to replace the phone I have with the battery that now lasts about 2 hours. It was a tossup between that and a Samsung Galaxy S4 but a lot of people said it felt plastic-y and fragile compared to the HTC. Also picked out an Otter Box Defender cover for it.

Grady, it would've been a tougher choice, but I have Verizon, and the S4 was a head and shoulders above the other options. I have the Otterbox Commuter for it as well, but am not super happy with that...

PhoneTalking.jpg take_a2.jpg
I'm kind of an old-fashioned guy... :hihi: I keep an old rotary-dial phone in the house for when the power is out and I use it every so often, just because it FEELS like a phone is supposed to feel like.

I have an iPhone5 for work, and I don't like it. I had an iPhone 4 previously, and it fit in the hand a lot better... 6 months with this one and it still feels awkward.
I HATE being tied to Apple products and their corporate mentality. They decide when you upgrade, they decide what you need, THEY control what your music or apps are, etc.
I am NOT looking forward to the new iOS 7 interface!

My wife has a Blackberry z10 and it is AWESOME. Wish that I had one.

My son has a Samsung s4 and it's pretty cool, too, but it is a little big for my taste - almost like holding a small tablet.

Yeah, I was going to say, if you think the 5 is big, you'd hate my S4 or the Galaxy Note, lol. I do hate Apple's setup. It's too stupid simple for me, and the whole corporate mentality they mention is icing on the cake.

Back