• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what kind of m.p.g. are you getting?

I'm pleased today with the bump in mileage from the new HX40II and 195 t-stats!

15.2... Mixed/city driving! Not bad for stop and go Northern VA traffic parked on I-66. Your either on the brakes or all out cruising 65, not much in between.

... Hopefully soon some PYOs with LLR tires will give me at least another 2+ MPG.

That all being said the fill up today was $130 at 3.99 a gal!!! ouch!

On my cummins in my work van (4bt) I went to the auto parts store and justed had them bring out diff ones til I found one that physically looked the same and got it in a 195*

This one is much larger than anything I have seen. It looks like the 6.5 single, just bigger!

X2 what L98TPI said.
Take the radiator completely out of the truck and clean it. You will be shocked by all the crap that comes out of it. I spent 45 minutes with compressed air blowing the dirt out of mine. Behind the oil cooler is the worst area. After you give it the "blow job" then clean it with scubbling bubbles (I think is what other members have done). I just washed mine down with a good stream of water.
This is free so try it first. If you still have overheating it might be the radiator need roding out or replacement. You can go crazy after that with new WP,Dmax fan, clutch....ect
ok thanks leroy

Exactly what I was thinking too. Just need to compair the size of the bypass block valve.

Louis I copied this from Raleigh's post in another thread "The dual housing T-stat # is 131103 and is 2 1/8 diameter.
The single T-stat is # 13191 and is 2 17/32 diameter.
(Both ACDelco #s)"

It just occurred to me :rolleyes5: most of us have GPS units, that have features that are little used. Besides finding our way they are great to check and set our speedo's with but they can do a lot more than that. All of them have a little used feature, a trip computer. With that you can get distance travel, average speeds, idle time and so on with out guessing and accumulated error. You can calculate mpg relative to an average speed with great accuracy. :agreed:

It just occurred to me :rolleyes5: most of us have GPS units, that have features that are little used. Besides finding our way they are great to check and set our speedo's with but they can do a lot more than that. All of them have a little used feature, a trip computer. With that you can get distance travel, average speeds, idle time and so on with out guessing and accumulated error. You can calculate mpg relative to an average speed with great accuracy. :agreed:

Don't think mine has that feature. How do you access yours?

Well now that I have a 4" exhaust, I gutted my airbox down to the filter, I will try not to put into it to hear that great turbo whistle......and report true fuel mileage..... However I used my GPS and I discovered (I also suspected this following a friend on a long trip) that my speedo is out 10% I am doing 90km/h when it reads 100km/h. I do not want to spend bucks on recalibration, I read somewhere that with dipswitches transplanted in one of the boxes, I can fine tune the speedo. Anyone do this? If not I'll paste the site and try it myself and report back.

Well now that I have a 4" exhaust, I gutted my airbox down to the filter, I will try not to put into it to hear that great turbo whistle......and report true fuel mileage..... However I used my GPS and I discovered (I also suspected this following a friend on a long trip) that my speedo is out 10% I am doing 90km/h when it reads 100km/h. I do not want to spend bucks on recalibration, I read somewhere that with dipswitches transplanted in one of the boxes, I can fine tune the speedo. Anyone do this? If not I'll paste the site and try it myself and report back.

That means you will record better milage than you actualy get.

The VSSB can be rejumpered or add dip switch like you said. (great white has done it) At one point in my junk yarding I grabed a bunch of different VSSB's I kept swaping then until I found one that matched up with my GPS reading.

Back