• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is every one towing?

picture.php

2008 Weekend Warrior CR3905 - WW book says 16k:eek:ut: I have yet to get the true weight.

Nor-Cal Nick

Last edited:
I haul a 11' 6" Lance with a slide out and tow a 2000 Four Winns 180SL Boat. V8
I would post some pics but I have apparently reached my limit on pics with 2 pictures I have previously uploaded. I just made my first run from Ventura County to the Colorado River:cornut: It was beautiful out there ....90* days and 60* nights.......caught lots of stripers too!:yesnod:

I haul a 11' 6" Lance with a slide out and tow a 2000 Four Winns 180SL Boat. V8
I would post some pics but I have apparently reached my limit on pics with 2 pictures I have previously uploaded. I just made my first run from Ventura County to the Colorado River:cornut: It was beautiful out there ....90* days and 60* nights.......caught lots of stripers too!:yesnod:

You dang retired folks have all the fun:D

I am looking to trade my travel trailer in a year of two for a big in bed like you have so I can tow the boat or Harleys:driving:

Toys

33' fifth wheel camper with single slide and/or a utility trailer for working around the house or moving the scoot.

Attachments

• Truck_-_Camper[1].JPG
    Truck_-_Camper[1].JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 11
You dang retired folks have all the fun:D

I am looking to trade my travel trailer in a year of two for a big in bed like you have so I can tow the boat or Harleys:driving:

I went from a motorhome to the Lance and dually just for that reason. There was a transition period since the camper is smaller but I love it now. I can get in almost any campground 4X4 helps too):h I got one with a slide out and that really makes a difference. They are heavy though......Truck and camper loaded to go weighed in at 11,700Lbs!

I could not agree more, the time with my wife and the boys is what it is all about.

I can't agree more either. My kids are little still, but it's so much fun watching my daughter (2 1/2 y/o) out enjoying nature and the outdoors. By next year, my boy, who is 3 months old now, will be walking and it will be just as much fun to watch him. Also spending time with the wife away from the day to day stuff that is at home is nice. Plus our camping friends are some the best people in the world.

Are Those 22.5" rims on that truck. Looks like a nice set up.

Thanks. No, I really wanted to go with 22.5's (I think I even talked with you about them) but in the end, I didn't feel comfortable with the adapters and the weight I'm pulling. I've seen a couple failed adapters and I couldn't imagine if that happened with my trailer behind. :eek:

I went with direct bolt on 19.5's. I'm very happy with them but still like the look of the 22.5's for the guys that pull the big trigger. :thumbsup:

Thanks. No, I really wanted to go with 22.5's (I think I even talked with you about them) but in the end, I didn't feel comfortable with the adapters and the weight I'm pulling. I've seen a couple failed adapters and I couldn't imagine if that happened with my trailer behind. :eek:

I went with direct bolt on 19.5's. I'm very happy with them but still like the look of the 22.5's for the guys that pull the big trigger. :thumbsup:

I looked at 19.5's for my truck.......they are a pretty sizable trigger themselves! They are nice! Did your tranny temps go up? I put 265's on my rig and the went up noticably. Not scary but they went up! Maybe 15 degrees same hill same load........

I swapped them out with only about 1000 miles on the truck. I'm not even sure If I pulled with it before I swapped them so I'm not sure about a change in trans temps. My tems stay stable now but I also have a Rad Mod V2 on my truck... I have the Mike L. cooler also, but I haven't installed it yet.

I swapped them out with only about 1000 miles on the truck. I'm not even sure If I pulled with it before I swapped them so I'm not sure about a change in trans temps. My tems stay stable now but I also have a Rad Mod V2 on my truck... I have the Mike L. cooler also, but I haven't installed it yet.

Mike's cooler helped mine out. Not only did it run cooler on those long grades when the temps peak, Mike's cooler also helped to cool it down faster. That is an upgrade worth the money......plus Mike is a character. I live in LA so I went to his shop and he installed it for free! It only takes 30 mins or so. You do lose a little tranny fluid when you take the hoses off. Best to have a rag ready!!! That is one large trailer you tow!

Hey any you guys with Duallys want to be in the dually club sign up in the 3500 forum

I went from a motorhome to the Lance and dually just for that reason. There was a transition period since the camper is smaller but I love it now. I can get in almost any campground 4X4 helps too):h I got one with a slide out and that really makes a difference. They are heavy though......Truck and camper loaded to go weighed in at 11,700Lbs!

I have been looking at the Lance 1191 or 1181. Slide is the only way to go. We just do not need all the space with out the kids. Plus, I like the idea of being able to go were I want with it.

It is still a year or two off before I make the switch. That is a little lighter than I had caluclated out with a 1191 lance, I was figuring 12700....

Back