• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What is a good WIFI router?

Wireless hotspot is out with my cell phone. Can't tether with our current provider. The cable comapny set a supervisor and an actual tech guy out after I sent a nasty email to corporate.

Though most service providers do charge to do tethering through them, you can usually download a app that does it for free. Only cost is the data used on your normal bill.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Did you think about going wireless? If your android has a signal you can use it for any device. I can hotspot with either of our phones or the wireless WIFI unit we have. If your phone plan is up for renewal it's something to think about. Assuming some provider has a tower close enough.

We have thought about that.

Right now we still have Flintstone cell phones. We have antenna internet and TV, And Sprint flip phones A total of $165 a month for the internet and 3 phones with unlimited talk, text and the minimum shared gigs - with flip phones, we use no gigs.

We haven't had a contract since before Sprint bought Nextel.

I hate you. All of you. 35Mb?

I'm lucky to get 5 mbps down and 0.9 up. I can get about 15 on 3g wireless, but it's crazy expensive and my plan only has 2gb. When I'm out on site I eat that up fast.

I'm lucky to get 5 mbps down and 0.9 up. I can get about 15 on 3g wireless, but it's crazy expensive and my plan only has 2gb. When I'm out on site I eat that up fast.
I would have been happy with DSL at 768KB just so long as it works all the time. After my nasty letter to the corporate office all has been good though. It's funny how over 6 phone calls got me no where, but one email to the corporate office and I had a lead tech with the area supervisor at my house the next day.

I hate you:p, I get 75 kbps on a good day.

My speeds very greatly, or even if I have service or not. Right now - Ping 24 ms downloAD 3.93 mbs upload 3.29 mbs ping 16 ms download 4.13 mbs
upload 2.76 mbs

download 3.08 mbs upload 2.95 mbs

You guys need to get into the 21st century. Get Verizon FIOS if you can. Compared to all of you my router speeds would be like lightspeed. LOL. I have 75/75 up and down, and I most always get about 85. Come on now guys. LOL

You guys need to get into the 21st century. Get Verizon FIOS if you can. Compared to all of you my router speeds would be like lightspeed. LOL. I have 75/75 up and down, and I most always get about 85. Come on now guys. LOL
I WISH! I have been after VERIZON for YEARS now to finish running it out to me, but they won't. They ran the friggen orange conduit all the way down our road, but when the development across the street stalled out, they capped the conduit off and didn't finish it. IF I could get FIOS, I WOULD HAVE IT! Just to get away from cable and all the outages with it would be worth it to me. A 1/2 mile away from me there is FIOS, but were in the stone age.

My hometown ISP is lucky enough to provide 2 Mbps at best. Under 1 upload.. Talk about frustrating.

My house, I get 50/30.

Internet speed.jpg
It's fast like lightning tonight. Should have seen it this morning before I left for work. Ugh...

View attachment 44087
Mines running pretty good right now through my wifi. The new router they gave me doesn't support as many devices and is only 2.4GHZ, but it does work at least. Tried a NETGEAR dual band earlier today and it was just like the dual band from the cable company, so something in my house is messing with the dual band.

40 MB down?

Oh, we hates you nasty Bagginses...

gollum1.jpg

I have a whopping 968kbps down and 451 up
That's about what my 3G is. My wifes Iphone goes faster on the same network which pisses me off. And I get 40 down, but only 2.3 up. I would be plenty happy with DSL just for the reliability. I will say since my email to the corporate office I have even seen trucks out here working on the lines. Maybe telling corporate instead of the district office got there attention and got them to see how many people have dropped them out here.

Back