• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

It is sad! Look at how many of those trucks are still on the road! I wanted to do a lower control arm conversion on my 98 K1500. I've read that the forged ones from a K2500 will work but trying to get them is tough. I bought some off Ebay only to get emails stating that they canceled my order because the parts didn't pass inspection. I found another that was actually shipped but when I opened the box it was a stamped one with the press in ball joint.

It is sad! Look at how many of those trucks are still on the road! I wanted to do a lower control arm conversion on my 98 K1500. I've read that the forged ones from a K2500 will work but trying to get them is tough. I bought some off Ebay only to get emails stating that they canceled my order because the parts didn't pass inspection. I found another that was actually shipped but when I opened the box it was a stamped one with the press in ball joint.

I am picking a set of forged LCAs off a '99 K2500 Suburban today at the LKQ boneyard. So I will have a set for sale when I'm done with this project.

BTW I am probably the only person roaming the LKQ yards who speaks english and owns LKQ stock....with a nice gain.

1637848416994.png

Let me know if you do sell them. Still trying to find out if they are a fit for my K1500. Seems to be varied opinions on this.

These are the bushings I ordered from rock auto for the forged arms which I never got, so not sure if they are the right ones. At least they're not too expensive if they are not the right ones.

Attachments

• 16378486828717009023720089021457.jpg
    16378486828717009023720089021457.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 16378487304332927599019212878480.jpg
    16378487304332927599019212878480.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 4
RockAuto only has the lower rear one which is the top one in your second picture. I already have that one. BTW they list it as K200899. I can't find the lower front one for the forged LCA.

1637849440309.png

Attachments

• 1637849355389.png
    1637849355389.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 1
OK, I was able to find AC Delco 46G9213A front lower on Amazon for $16.24 each with free shipping. Only problem, I punched the order and the default shipping address is my home in Montana and it will be delivered 12/1. We will be up there 12/6 for two weeks, returning to Fullerton, CA home for last 2 weeks of the year. Given that I'm working next week and the part was going to be delivered next week, regardless of location, this has now become a Xmas project.

I can still go and harvest the forged LCAs, but I was going to do that simply to push out the old bushings so I could match the part. LKQ list the total price at $34 plus tax or about $37. Plus $3 entry fee and shipping costs. Let me know.

Last edited:
Search “46G9213A”, that is the set of lower bushings for the forged lower arms. May not be availocally, but you can buy them online. Amazon has them for example.

ACDelco Advantage 46G9213A Front Lower Front Suspension Control Arm Bushing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUZSX1T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WBFXZBMGWS7FPBMFX4PV

To find a set of forged arms, I had luck buying a set by searching on car-part.com. A yard 20 minutes from me had them in stock, and already pulled for $50 each. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. I also tried ordering a set off eBay…..when they arrived they were stamped. The seller gave me a full refund and I got to keep them, which was nice because they were really clean.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OK, I was able to find AC Delco 46G9213A front lower on Amazon for $16.24 each with free shipping. Only problem, I punched the order and the default shipping address is my home in Montana and it will be delivered 12/1. We will be up there 12/6 for two weeks, returning to Fullerton, CA home for last 2 weeks of the year. Given that I'm working next week and the part was going to be delivered next week, regardless of location, this has now become a Xmas project.

I can still go and harvest the forged LCAs, but I was going to do that simply to push out the old bushings so I could match the part. LKQ list the total price at $34 plus tax or about $37. Plus $3 entry fee and shipping costs. Let me know.
I'm definitely interested!

Let me know when you have them ready and I'll get you the money. You can PM me. I really appreciate it! And they shouldn't be all rusty like the ones up here!

Search “46G9213A”, that is the set of lower bushings for the forged lower arms. May not be availocally, but you can buy them online. Amazon has them for example.

ACDelco Advantage 46G9213A Front Lower Front Suspension Control Arm Bushing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUZSX1T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WBFXZBMGWS7FPBMFX4PV

To find a set of forged arms, I had luck buying a set by searching on car-part.com. A yard 20 minutes from me had them in stock, and already pulled for $50 each. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. I also tried ordering a set off eBay…..when they arrived they were stamped. The seller gave me a full refund and I got to keep them, which was nice because they were really clean.
Same for me. Gave me a refund but didn't want it back. It is nice and clean also.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Since it seems that we dont have a source for getting the right bushings, maybe this will help.
Please forgive Me for posting in a non sponsored site.
The 46G9213A bushing looks exactly like the one in the Mevotech set I bought from rockauto.

Yesterday afternoon I took the GMT800 lower control arms outside and burned out the old bushings. It wasn't hard but lots of smoke!
I thought I was staying out of the smoke pretty well and it was really windy but still had black soot all over me.
I got the holes cleaned up good while they were still hot and after work today I'm planning on painting them and tomorrow pressing in the new rubber bushings. I've heard that putting the bushings in the freezer overnight and using synthetic brake grease for lube works well for pressing them in. The synthetic grease won't hurt the rubber from what I hear.

Anybody have experience installing the rubber bushings in the forged arms?
I do have a press so hopefully won't be too terrible of a job.
I'm open for suggestions.
I have this set to do and then the forged ones for my GMT400 when I get some arms. I have the ball joints and bushings for them.

I use regular old silicone dielectric compound, like for ICM on the HEI ignitions for lube on any rubber type of components.
@Grisley1958 I second that! Any petroleum-based grease, even synthetic, will deteriorate rubber and polyurethane bushings. Silicone grease does NOT chemically react with either rubber or polyurethane. I also smear the insides of polyurethane sway bar bushings with it before installation to prevent bushing tears during driving as well as preventing bushing 'squeaks' while driving. Same thing with polyurethane control arm bushings before putting the bolt through to prevent steel to poly friction from tearing the bushing or making noise, unless the bushing has a steel center tube for the bolt to pass through, then I use regular old chassis grease on the bolt. But the outside of the control arm bushing I silicone grease before pressing it in.

Last edited:
I went to the Chinese Prison to harvest organs for a fellow TTS member:

DCE810B7-DFEE-410D-95E5-977B8578EF29.jpeg1063678F-8A97-4F13-B7A9-BA62FADF328A.jpeg

856987BE-AD94-4086-BB65-F1CF152356D7.jpeg

I was irked that someone pulled the hood off and use it to lay on as it was a rather clean hood and I need one. Oh well, there are more. I'm staring at those black fender flares and thinking mine could use those.

Last edited:
I think if I was going to go to a pick and pack, I would take along one of my many cardboard creepers to lay on.
I would be too lazy to remove a hood to lay on.
Heck, My truck too could use a hood. The one on it is sort of waverly, like someone has pushed, pulled and beat it straight then did a bondo job to cover the rough 💩. 😹😹😹

Back