• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Yes, the damn plastic nail things. I got a handful for my $3 entrance fee, plus bought some speakers for the front doors. All back together and working with the remote. Doors are tight with no rattles.
I`ll have to try and unclip the actuators on My truck, see if that`ll improve their functionality. LOL If I ever pull the panels again.

I`ll have to try and unclip the actuators on My truck, see if that`ll improve their functionality. LOL If I ever pull the panels again.

The lock actuator rod rides in the front slider clip. I could be that the rod is bent (tried adjusting it), but every time I snapped it into the clip, no go with the actuator. The handle rod riding in the rear clip is fine. I guess I could have pulled a lock actuator rod when I was in the boneyard.

Both speakers now work great.

Got the rear door to work to the key fob. One connecting pin was stuck partially down and not making contact.

Without the door rattles, the only rattles left are in the dash. I can cleanly hear my engine now, which is running healthy.

I got to get back on the boat to prepare it for the next phase of glass work for the repower. So no more car or truck work for a bit.

The lock actuator rod rides in the front slider clip. I could be that the rod is bent (tried adjusting it), but every time I snapped it into the clip, no go with the actuator. The handle rod riding in the rear clip is fine. I guess I could have pulled a lock actuator rod when I was in the boneyard.

Both speakers now work great.

Got the rear door to work to the key fob. One connecting pin was stuck partially down and not making contact.

Without the door rattles, the only rattles left are in the dash. I can cleanly hear my engine now, which is running healthy.

I got to get back on the boat to prepare it for the next phase of glass work for the repower. So no more car or truck work for a bit.
If time permits, maybe start a thread on the boat build, unless there already is one.

If time permits, maybe start a thread on the boat build, unless there already is one.

Time? My January was spent: 1) getting the ‘99 to pass smog, 2) repairing flexing garage door panel, 3) replacing front door latches on the ‘99. Time just flies by.

I do have photos of the the boat and the prior diesel installation. So when the time is right, I could do a thread. Meantime, this will have to do.

Attachments

• 8C3EE21D-A753-44DF-9D8F-42EC62DB2DF5.jpeg
    8C3EE21D-A753-44DF-9D8F-42EC62DB2DF5.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 12
  • F38C8644-1011-44C4-ACAD-10092C13D5BA.jpeg
    F38C8644-1011-44C4-ACAD-10092C13D5BA.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 12
Put the chains on, got mighty slick over here from about an inch of rain and wet snow, on top of that about a foot of snow.
There is not enough room on the front wheels wells for the chains to clear the back side of the wells, installed them on the rears, not as affective as the fronts but at least now it has the ability to stop on this slick stuff.
Next opportunity I can break loose with the funds, going to remove those 185/75R16s and install new 165/16s. See how narrow of a tire I can find in that size.

I run 235/85R16's. about as narrow as possible besides 7.50R16 but those can only be mounted on a 6" rim.

I run 235/85R16's. about as narrow as possible besides 7.50R16 but those can only be mounted on a 6" rim.
HMMMmmmm,guess I might have to dig out the old 16" split rims if I want to go real narrow. LOL
Not sure of the width of the rims that are now on the truck, tires and custom wheels were installed by the PO.

I didn’t do nothing to my Truck but I did get to meet and eat lunch with Sc hiker. I’ve been working in his area so I reached out to him and we met up for lunch the other day. He’s a good dude and I enjoyed it. Next time I’m down your way @schiker Ill let you know and we might try for lunch again.

Long story.
I had just finished installing a CV axle on the wifeys 88 Buick Century, she was still using My truck, taking a friends dog for a ride. She drove out to the water Works art gallery and park. Around the circle drive is a retaining wall to keep wehicles out of the playground/park area. On dry ground the wall is about two foot high and straight up.
There was a vehicle parked along the circle drive, the wifey moves over to go around the car, with all the snow, she forgot about the retaining wall. Packed snow so She did not realize that the left front tirewas climbing, YUP, tire fell off the inside of the wall, pretty much high centering the truck.
IMG_0376.jpg

Well, I got there and AAA was called, the recover service was about a 1/4 mile away. One of the guys comes over with a pickup and a real nice snap rope, hooks onto the receiver hitch and takes off, the truck was coming along the wall, then all a the sudden the tire hangs up on the wall and then refuses to turn with the steering wheel.
they then come over with the big roll back and get slid under the hinders, after the roll back gets against the retaining wall, I got out of the back of My truck a couple of 4X4s, set them under the forward part of My trucks frame, the RB driver then lowers the RB and lifts My truck over the wall, then drives to My house and then proceeds to get stuck in My driveway while trying to get backed in, He finally begins the unload procedure and with the roll back pushes My truck so it is 1/2 in and 1/2 out of the garage before His hydraulic pump craps out.
I got out My trolly floor jack and jack up the front end of My truck and proceed to drive it into the garage.
After the B owner dumped in five gallons of hydraulic oil into his tank, the RB would still not function.
Fortunately My neighbor has a skid steer, He brings it over, the RB driver opens the hydraulic cyl. fittings and Chris lifts and pushes the RB into the stored position and in the process lifts the RB tires out of there trenches and onto solid packed snow.
Okay, that is My story and I`m stickin tooooit.
And now for the carnage of the tire slamming into the wall. I really was expecting to see a LOT worser.
IMG_0377.jpg

Reactions: NVW
IT BENT THE TIE ROD ADJUSTER SLEEVE, darn caps lock. LOL
NAPA had a new sleeve in stock, got it back together, does not seem to make any weird movements on the road at 55, I`ll be getting an appointment in the alignment shop to get the toe in set and the steering wheel centered.
After being told at the other tire shop that the truck needed fifteen hundred bucks in parts and labor to replace several items, I`m taking it to the other alignment shop and getting their estimate. Shop said it had two bad ball joints, I checked them and could not get any movement on them at all.
Now for the good stuff.
@Burning oil
Installed the new carter lift pump and harness, easy installation and what a joy to see that the fuel pressure went from five pounds to twelve, on the road at 55 mph pressure dropped to eleven, was about two and a half or three with the old pump, then would drop to zero over seventy five mph.
That priming switch sure makes it handy for bleeding air from the system. LOL
a pic. of the fuel pressure gauge at idle.
IMG_0378.jpg

Burb got a fuel pump relay mod this weekend, with on-off-(on) switch added. will add pump on with GP in a few days,

i need to do the OPS relay as well, just too many irons in the fire..
had a buddy from work put in the spare trans last night. tomorrow i need to install all the TCI electronics and floor shifter to get it moving by the end of the day. supposed to storm all day starting Wed. i have a spare car to drive but no ins or tags so i'll have to be careful.

Did nothing on the '99 Burb. Working on my saltwater boat and changing the marker lights on my bass boat trailer to LEDs. Burb is running great.

Took the 2000 K3500 to the alignment shop.
They adjusted the toe in and centered the steer wheel
Next up, I have new upper control arms coming from Rock Auto, alignment person said the balling joints and the bushings were all bad and the front end is way out on caster/camber. If that is all that is the matter after 245,000 miles, I`d say I`m getting off real reasonable. Tie rods, lower ball joints, drag link, pitman arm is all good.
I`ll replace the parts then take it back toooum.
Its nice to not have the front end dancing when driving ice rutted streets. LOL

Took the 2000 K3500 to the alignment shop.
They adjusted the toe in and centered the steer wheel
Next up, I have new upper control arms coming from Rock Auto, alignment person said the balling joints and the bushings were all bad and the front end is way out on caster/camber. If that is all that is the matter after 245,000 miles, I`d say I`m getting off real reasonable. Tie rods, lower ball joints, drag link, pitman arm is all good.
I`ll replace the parts then take it back toooum.
Its nice to not have the front end dancing when driving ice rutted streets. LOL

Look at Energy Suspension Poly bushings in squeak free black. Make a world of difference in getting rid of GM's MUSHY handling feeling.

Back