• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Be careful of your back reaching up in those rafters. 50' of garden hose can be heavier and more awkward than you think.
Yup. These is 25’ers but was mighty careful, got them pulled free then drop. Wifey packed them out and hookeded them up, strungum out.
I didnt bust any hardware back there, just should not have tried that maneuver.

Without warning the injectors arrived today. They didnt even call to get the CC info so I called them.
Invoice said test and adjust as necessary.
I checked them on my tester and every injector now holds pressure without dripping, chatters at 1900 PSI everyone of them.
I could not get each injector to make a single pop without starting to leak at the 1900 PSI range but going to stick them in the holes and runnum.
I will install part of them one day and the other side another day to give the back a rest.
Then the new GP red harness, injector lines and be on my way to getting this truck back together.

It would be interesting to hear what they did
Yes it would. I talked to the technician but he said they are all good now. He would not elaborate.
I didnt tell him I have that test pump and checked them. I was amazed they all were holding pressure without a leak one.
Now I am thinking of sending over these other two sets and have him go through those.
That set of Lucas injectors with the original made in Germany nozzles would be especially nice to get adjusted and so they spray a nice and decent atomization pattern.

Been a busy couple of weeks with family, house and truck stuff. Truck coming in priority last. Grandkids did get a long awaited drive in the truck though. Then ’helped’ remove the grille and bumper assemblies. Color sanded the spot painted areas cause the winds made for a nice textured surface that will catch and trap dirt, grime etc. 800, 1200, 2000 grits first, then the old Griot 3 step polish system with Course, Medium and Fine followed by a ’One step Polish / Ceramic wax. Looks like a 10’ still only with a wax job. At least it’s smoother paint now. Still, the process must have worked cause its rained on the wind blown dust every day since.
Wiper arms were quick sanded and painted too. Its the little things in life….
The bumper brackets I bought from LMC are going back because they are a lot lighter than the old units. Those got POR-15’d and top coated and installed loosely until the bumper is back on. Fender flares are painted, bird crapped on, sanded and painted again.
Speaking of LMC, I opened the box of leaf spring U-Bolts and turns out the ‘Kit’ only had one set instead of both. I bought another complete set that are obviously better quality. Glad I kept the receipts for all this stuff. I bought it all years ago and refused to put anything on until the engine was correct.
Yesterday was supposed to be fender prep and flares installed But, “Greater Love hath no man who will stop work on his truck to watch Disney’s Frozen with his 5 year old grand daughter.” So, I only got the wheels off and the truck on stands so I could I wire brush, clean and rinse the fender‘s inner edges to POR-15 and top coat today. Only, the temps won’t really be high enough until Monday so, I’ll re-install the plastic body parts for the bumper and grille. Maybe another thing or two on the punch list.

Well, having just watched frozen with my niece- remember one of the songs is fixer upper…. Haha
Now THAT is a song I will not be getting out of my head anytime soon. Better than the other one.

42F83876-EFB6-450C-9D62-59556613A5ED.jpegFender Flares Installed, wheels back on, truck is on the ground.
New bumper assembled and installed and the brackets are torqued to the frame as they should be.
Another bitch about LMC. The bumper has been in the box since purchased a few years ago. Turns out they sent me a unit returned by a previous customer who mounted it on their truck (chrome scared from bolts torquing down at all mounting holes), dented it at the left nostrile, and slightly twisted the left corner mounting points at the bottom. Jerks one and all. Of course, that’s the receipt I can’t find and since I’ve been away from their site, LMC log on doesn’t work and their system doesn’t ‘remember’ me. Great. Oh well. I got it to fit with the help of my wife keeping things from falling on my dented skull. She also stayed out in the cool (ice cold to her) weather and helped mount the flares, holding them in place, peeling the 3M mounting tape etc. You few who have met her know what a treasure she is. Truck need another bath cause we got more winds, dust and rain. Still, it looks good with the flares and new bumper.
Need to find the Bow Tie Emblem, LED resistored relay switch for the new turn signals and bulbs and the side lights for the new grille before it goes in.

Installed the injectors to the right side of the engine.
Went to install the new GP Red wire harness.
Tried running it through the valley like the old unit, out the front of the valley, towards the lower side of the exhaust manifold and the to each GP.
Did not seem long enough. Maybe I didnt have it correctly routed. Seems to fit better run from the GP relay, to the back of the RH head, dropped down then routed forwards to each GP.
Now I need to get the very back of the harness removed from so close to the exhaust manifold then I think it is done.
If anyone has ever installed this new red GP harness, please let Me know now if I have done it wrong.

Thats what I like to hear.
I fired it up with the bare essentials hooked up. Check to make sure rocker covers is sealed.
After it sat running for a short time, I goosed the throttle, came a sort of a loud chirp noise, like in time with rocker arms. Realizing that possibly the washers to rocker arms was seeking a centering.
After twice more of revving the engine the noise went away and never returned.
I’ll be running this for an hour or two without the intake manifold and just the bare minimum hooked up.
I want to make sure that there are no rocker cover leaks and that that noise will not return.
Just a real good preassemble shake down.

Back