• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What brand of tire do you run?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by RI Chevy Silveradoman.....

Thanks Jeff...

Goodyear
Firestone
Bridgestone
Dunlop
General
Cooper
Hankook
BFGoodrich (added)
Michelin (added)
Yokohama
(added)
Nitto (added)
ETC. Any others that you want to throw in.

This is a multiple choice poll so chose more than one if needed.

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

I've had BFG's on this truck since I bought it. Upgraded to the 285 All-Terrain T/A's early summer of '10. Pretty happy with them so far. About 1/2 way through them with about 30k miles on them.

MICHELIN LTX/MS's on the BURB, hoping to get close to what I got out of my last set on my JEEP with these(had 120K on them and were still going when I sold them to my uncle). Put BFGOODRICH's on the wifes PONTIAC as they are made by MICHELIN now and cost alot less money.

The Jeep has some cheapo Goodyear Wranglers from WalMart. Car has Mastercraft touring tires. Truck has Treadwrights.

Based on personal experiences I'll never buy Firestone/Bridgestone. I've had Cooper STT's and really liked them, just can't afford them.

MICHELIN LTX/MS's on my truck....General's on the Burban and coopers on the Jimmy

The Jeep has some cheapo Goodyear Wranglers from WalMart. Car has Mastercraft touring tires. Truck has Treadwrights.

Based on personal experiences I'll never buy Firestone/Bridgestone. I've had Cooper STT's and really liked them, just can't afford them.

I'm serioiusly considering the Treadwright version of the BFG All Terrain's. Could you share some thoughts on the Treadwrights you have on your truck?

BFG ATs always for me.
Nephew Jim (Dieselkidd04) has Treadwrights on his DMax. Says he likes 'em. He seldom checks in here though. If I see him before Thanksgiving I'll ask.

I'm serioiusly considering the Treadwright version of the BFG All Terrain's. Could you share some thoughts on the Treadwrights you have on your truck?

I have the Sentinel AT's. Bought them earlier this year so I don't have many miles on them. I have no complaints so far. I REALLY liked the price. They handled getting firewood just fine. If it means anything I need to get some tires for the Jeep pretty soon and I'll be buying them from Treadwright.

Had Hankooks for 20k miles and they were very nice right up until they got noisy. Replaced them with Michelin LTX M/S2 and couldn't be happier. I was also surprised how well they worked in the snow.

I have the Sentinel AT's. Bought them earlier this year so I don't have many miles on them. I have no complaints so far. I REALLY liked the price. They handled getting firewood just fine. If it means anything I need to get some tires for the Jeep pretty soon and I'll be buying them from Treadwright.

Yeah, the price is for sure the first thing that gets your attention. I've been doing some research on them but always like hearing first hand from the guys on here. I would be saving almost $140 per tire. Plus it's only $21 shipping to my door. If I were to get some decent miles out of them, a set of E rated Warden A/T 285/70/17's will be the next set. Hell... depending how much I would want to put up with road/tire noise, for less than $175 I could go with something more aggressive like their Guard Dog M/T. Those would be a long shot though.

Mike, if you do see your nephew, I'd like to hear his thoughts on them too. Thanks.

Goodrich Commercial T/As awesome road tire

:iagree:

Not half bad for off-road either. Dug some pretty impressive ruts getting up my ice coated gravel driveway last year (30 degree slope, 1/2" of solid ice, 9,000lb. dually) but got me up there.

I've had Dean Wildcats the last 2 times, made by Cooper I think. Last set was Wildcat All-terrains 285/75/R16 and got close to 60K out of them. Went with Wildcat Touring SLT 265/75/R16's this time.

Firestone Transforces on the 05, 67 and 00 K1500 (all 265/75R16 LR E), Yokohamas on my Bonneville and the OEM Bridgestone Duelers on the '11 Suburban.

No complaints with either the Firestones or the Bridgestones, the Bridgestones will easily last 40k+.

On the '93 still running what cam on her. Not bald yet. I think they are 'Wild Counrty'.. They still sing a little going down the road. Mud tread. 285-75-16 Load range D. They hold air too. :thumbsup:

New set may very well be BFG AT KO's same size.

Yeah, the price is for sure the first thing that gets your attention. I've been doing some research on them but always like hearing first hand from the guys on here. I would be saving almost $140 per tire. Plus it's only $21 shipping to my door. If I were to get some decent miles out of them, a set of E rated Warden A/T 285/70/17's will be the next set. Hell... depending how much I would want to put up with road/tire noise, for less than $175 I could go with something more aggressive like their Guard Dog M/T. Those would be a long shot though.

Mike, if you do see your nephew, I'd like to hear his thoughts on them too. Thanks.
I just ordered my second set of them today. (got 285/70/17 with Kedge grip this time)
When I ordered last time they didn't have E rated so I have D's on my truck right now.

They lasted about the same as anything else. (which isn't long for me :D)

Back