• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What are your boost and EGT's at highway speeds...?

Well

QUOTE=Dura-Ration;109468]If you you guys keep it up, I'll have too buy new digital gauges ! ):h And i sure would hate that.[/QUOTE]

d"]Well What's Stopping You[/COLOR]

Attachments

• Chicken's 001.jpg
    Chicken's 001.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Chicken's 002.jpg
    Chicken's 002.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3
Here's mine: EGT's are 662* Boost is 4.2lbs Cruise @ 65mph.

This is a Custom Heavy Race Tune.

Attachments

• IMG00141-20090313-1304.jpg
    IMG00141-20090313-1304.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 15
Um no....just a copy...

My current highway speed 60MPH yields 0PSI of boost ambiant EGT since my truck only
makes it down the highway loaded on my Flat bed trailer..... but not fo long....

60 MPH = about 2 PSI.

600 - 800 EGTS...

:thumbsup:

Do you have autometer gauges? They don't show anything under 5psi. If you are running at 4psi it will show 0.

Wow, good to know..

I like the look of my Mechanical gauges over digital IMO..

Well I'm monitoring post turbo EGT on mine as I don't have room to put a probe in the manifolds. At 70 boost will be roughly 2-2.5 and EGT's are right around 425-460. This is with my custom tune I built and it actually runs cooler EGT's than stock tuning does by a about 20-30 degrees. My boost readings are taken right at the wastegate line at the turbo outlet. At 55 my boost will be right around a 1/2 pound and EGT's are right around 320-370. I know my post turbo EGT readings are a bit lower, but I have yet to see more than 900 even under a HARD run which is pretty good considering that stock would hit 860.

Cruise on 78MPH, EGT's are at 820 or so on Flat terrain. Moderate hill and I'll hit 1100-1200 degree easily.. and this is on a moderate tune.

I really need to hook my gauges up, the exhaust is tapped and the probe was installed about a year ago. I never hooked them up because I was having turbo problem and it was in and out of the dealer a lot. I just played it safe so I wouldn't have any problems with the dealer... there is a few that are picky

Today oat of 39 degrees

At 80 mph with 5psi boost post turbo intake pipe 590 degrees egt. Flat land of Alabama I-10 and on race tune or tow tune by Rob. Those LBZ's are Hot.

Yes i have Autometer gauges. I don't care about low boost its when i have my goose neck hooked up and its at 14lbs or more and egt is above 1300 deg. i worry about.
These moutains i live in make things run warmer and consume more fuel than the flat landers do.

I drove through Missouri on I-44 with the Predator set on the 120 tune and seen no more then 1200 going up the steep hills they have.

Back