• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well it happened my lower radiator failed and drove 15 miles with temp gauge pegged.

I want to add crazy bright flashing light and loud warning buzzer tied in together fed from high temp, low coolant, low oil volume, low oil pressure sensors.

and yuppers, quality gizmos in the metal juice helps! Thats why I am doing the coating directly on all bearing surfaces then running magic oil in addition.

@FellowTraveler , yes, their are many instances were oil or water was lost in race vehicles and the TriboDyn oil & coatings saved everything 100% , it's amazing to think how far protection can go... Glad you are looking towards higher tech thinking...
I'm a believer now for sure, I do admit I was thinking I'm going to lose this motor for sure because I had forgot at the moment I had added the nano tungsten.

That is one of the “secrets” of exact matched cars/engines in racing that occurs now. They are given the rig, run the engine with their own oil magic mix in it, then drain a couple quarts of the oil out before the race. The amount of oil in engines is for “X” miles before oil change, but almost every v8 gains 5-10 hp running 1 quart below the add line. So you can imagine the risks taken when oil change and long engine life isn’t the #1 concern. A good friend wrenching for one of the well known nascar teams says many teams run less than half the “normal” oil level, but only can do it because of the things done to oils.

Update, I have replaced all the coolant hoses with high temp UV resistant ones.
I did the front seals, new timing belt & tensioner's, water pump and cam position sensor "O" ring.
There is a slight lifter noise which Miata's are well known for when starting the motor which subsides in a second or two...so I ordered new lifters...yes cleaning them would work for awhile but I am getting older and would like to reduce wrenching time and relax some.

Fingers still crossed...
Any pics?
remember if the engine is a gonner, an LS swap is always an option!:cat:
No that little 4 banger is not a goner, I drive it often, compression is good, still gets 30+ mpg, just have to charge up the ac...as the lifter tappets go they are a known issue after about 200k miles, cleaning them only goes so far so new is the ticket...
I'll take a few images in a little while and post them...
As for repowers the Honda 3.5 V6 is the ticket NA tunes to an easy 300 WHP and weighs about 7 pounds more than the 4 banger...

Glad to hear engine is saved. And not saying there isn’t better choices than LS for the application- but I always loved the idea of stuffing a big V8 into lil cars. Shelby had it right...almost. This looks more fun612510AA-4DB7-4CCA-920F-124A13D669D3.jpeg

Well, I had been stuck doing an 8 page motion for a civil action...in between the weather was bad, so here are few images showing the new coolant hoses 9 in all and one tensioner...waiting on a new upper belt cover.WT_MIATA_IMG_0554.JPGWT_MIATA_IMG_0555.JPGWT_MIATA_IMG_0556.JPG

It used to be, back when my mom had her Miata back in the early 90's, the hot swap for that platform was the 5.0 Ford with the 5-speed Ford manual behind it.
There are some crazy Miata LS7 types running around these days...I still like the Honda/Accura 3.5 V6 overall weighs 7lbs more than the 4 banger.

There are some crazy Miata LS7 types running around these days...I still like the Honda/Accura 3.5 V6 overall weighs 7lbs more than the 4 banger.

Acura 3.5 V6 is strong for sure. My wife's RDX has that engine and when you stomp the pedal down it will get up and go in a hurry. Also it is capable of 27 mpg or more on the highway in an AWD.

The newer model Acura RDX's have a turbo 4 banger, I hate that engine, wouldn't have one. I drove one a few years ago was not impressed, it sounded aweful.

Acura 3.5 V6 is strong for sure. My wife's RDX has that engine and when you stomp the pedal down it will get up and go in a hurry. Also it is capable of 27 mpg or more on the highway in an AWD.

The newer model Acura RDX's have a turbo 4 banger, I hate that engine, wouldn't have one. I drove one a few years ago was not impressed, it sounded aweful.
That V6 can be tuned NA to a safe 300 rwhp, turbo or blower will wake it up big time...this in a just under 2k Miata is a rocket sled.

Back