• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wear marks on crankshaft snout

I went fluidamper for insurance. Avoiding another engine swap is reason enough. I improvised an install tool.

I put a PowerBond on my 6.2 just the standard replacement from Rock Auto. I'm happy with it. I saw the racing version at autozone where I work, could get it for like 275 but couldn't justify it. I sure was tempted though lol I'm interested in hearing what you think of it when you get it, AK.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7
@ak diesel driver diesel. In the second pic from 1:00 to 2:00 position the attached weight(?) has an opening. It looks like rubber under that joining 2 pieces like a normal balancer. I cant tell in the 3rd pic.
Is that what it is?

If so, idk if I like having the rubber blocked from a visual or "finger nail squishy" test. Age, heat and uv rays still get to it.

Whats the warranty?

In the first pic at the pencil tip appears to be rubber. The second pic shows the joint in what appears to be a snap ring or some sort of locking collar. Oriellys says it's a limited lifetime warranty. How do you figure UV rays are going to get to it? Also on their website it says the outer ring is somehow prevented from turning. As far as weight / balance it's a combination of the holes and thicker center across from it.IMG_20160916_102546.jpg
IMG_20160916_102604.jpg

UV b rays are the worst of sunlight. UVb rays reflect off concrete, asphalt, metals, bend around objects like sound waves do. They are what degrades carbon the worst, so it is the worst for rubber, plasic, and worst for skin.

If it is visible and you dont need artificial light (flash light, etc) then UVb rays are saturating it.

No worse than what the factory HB would get, but I was hoping is was a concealed unit. Figured it would get most from the back side.

For comparison, here's the standard PowerBond balancer on my 6.2 The Performance version looks significantly different. Looking forward to hearing your results with it. I see they are both made in Australia, so glad it's not China. Dayco owns PowerBond IIRC

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 8
Back