• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Water pump job - Maybe dmaxstore red or Danville performance?

Reaction score
I might be having a water pump job and if not I'm sure eventually I'll need one. Does anybody have thoughts on tips & tricks or best methods? Also anybody have thoughts on the best possible water pump to use? I have heard mention as I research of Dmax store Red and Danville performance. The job looks ugly!!!
Thank you for your thoughts

It's very straightforward. But getting the crank pulley bolt off can be fun. They are VERY tight. Other than that it's not a hard job.

I have the flexplate holders btfarm just shared. They make it a one man job. But that crank bolt is still no joke. My 1/2" snap-on breaker bar has let go on a few of them. Good thing it has a lifetime warranty 😁

I have the flexplate holders btfarm just shared. They make it a one man job. But that crank bolt is still no joke. My 1/2" snap-on breaker bar has let go on a few of them. Good thing it has a lifetime warranty 😁
After I broke my 18" Snapon 1/2" breaker bar on that crank bolt I went and bought a 36" long 3/4" one. THAT did the job.

I use my ingersol rand 2131, pops them right loose. Only takes a couple of minutes to take the radiator out and the impact drops right in. As to which one, oem is what most use and/or modify.

Thanks I appreciate that and I guess I will probably do the same. What I next get a chance I will check and see if the bearing noise that I'm hearing is actually coming from The Idler or the tensioner because I think it might be one of those. However it is good to research the water pump now even if that's not it! I am wondering if I should have done something different for my EGR cooler but the one I have used is working out. I've had two people one online and one elsewhere say they think I shouldn't have gone with Sinister but I'm pretty sure it was much better than OEM.

Back