• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

vacuum delete belt length for 95?

Did my DMax fan/vac pump delete/harmonic replacement today. With my CS144 alt, my belt length is now 101. It was T I G H T getting it on there. Previous belt with vac pump was 102.5.

I have seen different belts required for different rigs because ac compressor size, location, or alternator difference. If you can swap belt in parts store parking lot is easier to me.
Just install belt and look at tensioner indicator.
The rectangle (between yellow arrows) is good. The lines by the blue arrow indicates belt is stretching too much and needs replaced asap. Too tar the other side would be too tight.
Where the marker is in the picture is EXACTLY perfect new belt.
7A9638FB-5112-45AC-B6D2-59410096DB5F.jpeg

@Will L. ya know what's crazy? on my truck, I can take the belt off and when re-installing it the marks are sitting right were you pic shows until I start it up. even with a new belt it does the same thing where as soon as it cranks up the indicator moves to the warning mark and stays there!

Over time the belt stretches. Eventually the spring in the tensioner gives and wont pull it as tight even with stretching belt it will “read” ok. Then the belt starts squealing. People chase a hundred things- eventually they guess enough parts and get it figured. Some only replace the pulley of the tensioner and think they ruled out that as a problem.

Back