• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Used Engine

Who makes the best oil pumps? I found these 3 on Rockauto. Sealed Power, EngineTech, and Melling.
Who makes the best engine mounts?
What water pumps are balanced flow?

Best engine mounts are the poly, Energy Suspension brand - you rework the OEM clamshells. Some Commie Knock Off Supplier has screwed up the supply chain for 6.5 diesel engine mounts for several parts stores: They simply don't bolt up to the existing frame bolt holes. Don't be surprised if you run across this. I hope they fixed it.

Best engine mounts are the poly, Energy Suspension brand - you rework the OEM clamshells. Some Commie Knock Off Supplier has screwed up the supply chain for 6.5 diesel engine mounts for several parts stores: They simply don't bolt up to the existing frame bolt holes. Don't be surprised if you run across this. I hope they fixed it.

Does rock auto have the poly? I was looking but not sure.

I just remembered when I was pulling the engine the firewall disintegrated. What firewall insulation is easiest to install and works best?

I wasn't looking to get the stock one. I was thinking of one of the stick on foil ones. Just curious if anyone has used one of them and what their experience was.

I just remembered when I was pulling the engine the firewall disintegrated. What firewall insulation is easiest to install and works best?

Dammit! You are making me think of other things I need to fix while my engine is out! :facepalm:

Just got my Felpro gasket set in today. Got the gapless rings from Leroy a few days ago. Now time to go to work.

I am thinking of getting the larger head gaskets. I was looking at rockauto and found some. My question is do they come in pairs or single? The website makes it look like they are singles.

Just got my Felpro gasket set in today. Got the gapless rings from Leroy a few days ago. Now time to go to work.

I am thinking of getting the larger head gaskets. I was looking at rockauto and found some. My question is do they come in pairs or single? The website makes it look like they are singles.

Head gaskets usually come in singles.

Thanks Guy's. I looked at Summit and it looks like they sell them in pairs. They are double the cost of Rock auto for the same part#.

I just tried taking one of the cylinders out to swap the rings. I took the nuts off the rod and tapped the bolts till the cylinder came flush. It won't go any further. I don't want to damage any thing. Do I just tap the bolts on the rod harder or is there a special way to get the cylinder out?

What kind of ridge do you have? A deglazing tool can quickly knock the carbon build up off. Ridge reamers are dangerous to remove just carbon. Remove bearing shell and block of wood to hammer rings past carbon build up. If the wood splinters you have too much buildup.

Back