• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Universal HE351 VGT controller

Only problem with that turbo is way too much drive pressure when the vanes close

A few people have already used these turbos on 6.5s but not anymore.

I didnt know they produced too much drive pressure. I knew a few guys had them installed with either a manual control or no control at all. Seemed to me that the down side was not being able to adjust it as it was designed.

I have a brand new 351 and this very controller going in my next build as we speak.... what makes ya think it won't be any good with the right controller...

this very controller is being used on the manual pump 6bt's everyday and work great...

I bet it does work awesome on 6BTs but remember, those are totally different then a 6.5 and can handle way more back pressure.

Who said you even need to hook up or use the brake, I mean it is user controlled .... have you even talked to the builder or maybe anyone using it, on any motor for that matter???

using the brake would be harmful to our motors YES me thinks, but if that is the only fault then it's a moot point for me, I never thought about using the brake, it's the other "on the fly" changes that can be made interest me personally..

And not to mention they are big & heavy and require extensive fab work to be done well... we will see how it works out..

Why would you be concerned about backpressure during braking? Without a fuel source creating heat, then the pressure will not effect the engine as severely as it would under power. Very rarely under a hard pull do you need more than say 30-40% for the variable setting to hold boost under power, but with no fuel you can fully close it off and still not hold as much boost.

I have a brand new 351 and this very controller going in my next build as we speak.... what makes ya think it won't be any good with the right controller...

this very controller is being used on the manual pump 6bt's everyday and work great...
When OP posted I thought about you.

^^^I thought about YOU when I saw this controller!
"Leroy needs to get with this guy and get us a 6.5 specific version worked out and then get a group buy going!"

Because the guy who builds this controller can control other VGTs with it, I looked for a T3 housing for the Garrett turbo from the Dmax, but was unable to find anything. I figured that it's a similar sized engine with similar power output at similar RPM. Should be a good fit.

Hey, SCTRAILRIDER, you want to sell me that hybrid when you put the 351 on there or what?!

I no longer own that truck & motor, it's owned by another member here, I have a new project with a P400 now... I know someone that may be able to help you out, pm me if ya want the info...

Back