• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Universal HE351 VGT controller

about 750 I think. Pricey, but I'd buy one if I could get the best of both worlds with it. Even if the Holset isn't the best, it will control any CANBUS vgt so maybe something else works better.

OH SNAP! Looks to be T4 as well. I thought they were bolt on, guess I didn't pay enough attention when the guys did them before. Make this thing work right and maybe we will get someone to cast a new manifold for it!

OH SNAP! Looks to be T4 as well. I thought they were bolt on, guess I didn't pay enough attention when the guys did them before. Make this thing work right and maybe we will get someone to cast a new manifold for it!

Its not even T4, its its own unique mounting flange. EBay has adapter plates and flanges.

I have searched everywhere and haven't found any threads at all ... much less a pic,

It by no stretch is bolt on, and it isn't a easy fab project either.... remember back when I was looking for & found the Banks manni that they no longer make.... well this is part of it...

Could have been on one of the other sites, but a guy put one on and made the control manual because there wasn't an automatic option. Then Fleece came out with a controller but it was really for other Dodge rigs, not universal. Come to think of it, the guy had no hood and the exhaust went straight up I think! It's been a while and it was always in the back of my mind.

I've also contemplated the Banks manifold as way to make more room for...twins. Probably still too tight, but it's an idea.

The manni that Leroy can get won't & didn't work for me at all with the last build & the turbo, was way too far forward.. I am looking into having a few of these cast, this manni sort of gives a better starting point both front & rear...

One more thing about this big thing, the turbine will only adjust a small amount, a adapter will be made to suit ....

The nice thing is water cooled center section....

Water cooled?..or turbo heated water? ;) I've wondered what that would do to our already taxed cooling system.

Water cooled?..or turbo heated water? ;) I've wondered what that would do to our already taxed cooling system.

Water cooled center... line in - line out.... the red plug can be seen in the pic..

I didn't have any cooling problem with the last motor, I really doubt I will have any trouble this time either, a few things are planed in that direction anyway tho.... Griffin rad, hyd fan, etc... really doubt the turbo will cause any negative stuff cooling wise.. I think cooling will only be a good thing for the turbo, at least Dodge thinks so...

Back