• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tune, resistors and tcc

Yeah if I remember correctly I had trouble putting it in.. had problems with the push rod from hydro boost into MC. Hate to say it but I probably should just get O.E. from junk yard

Possible.. but I didn't change hydro boost untill a while after the problem started..that was something we tried changing to try and fix the problem.. it was leaking anyhow so no loss...that I can think of there's nothing electric that could cause the problem..ie. brake light switch, wheel speed sensors. Etc. shouldn't do it I don't think..so I believe it is mechanical problem but I could be wrong on all that.. do sensors effect tranny shifting? Do these tranny's have a tranny break so to speak or anything that's effected by hitting the brakes?? Asking cause truck has electrical problems in/under the dash... But not sure what

something to try. if the lines have pressure due to the rod slightly pushing on the MC. loosen the bolts on the MC to the HB and see if the brakes release. if not then crack the bleeder on one of the front calipers . if so do the same to the back. if not the rod then I would say look at the rubber hoses on the calipers and the diff.

on the ABS, I disconnected all the electric connectors from the module under the hood. mine has 4 wheel ABS.

The rod thing I'll try... going to junk yard next week anyhow....@dbrannnon79 oh that's going to do is make me not have anti-lock brakes correct... And if I remember right that's what controls the wheel sensors too isn't it?

The rod thing I'll try... going to junk yard next week anyhow....@dbrannnon79 oh that's going to do is make me not have anti-lock brakes correct... And if I remember right that's what controls the wheel sensors too isn't it?
Disabling the ABS does not affect the foundation braking system.
Is what can happen if the rod is the wrong length, it wont allow the MCpiston to retrieve back far enough to relieve the pressure in the brake lines and cylinders.
I am still suspecting the wrong MC though.

MrMarty is correct, that only disables ABS, I disabled mine due to faulty wheel speed sensors and the scary history I have had with ABS systems. my Dodge ram scared the beegees out of me a couple of times on dry road. hit a rough patch in pavement while slowing down, thought I was going to plow through stopped traffic.

Another thing I forgot to mention..
Under the cap on the master cylinder you have that weird black rubber thing that has the two circular pop out bowl things...
(Yeah I love my redneck description).
Anyhow that thing always sucks the bowl things down in to the MC.

The gasket/diaphragm? Yeah, it's supposed to do that. As the brake pads/shoes wear and the fluid level in the reservoir drops, it creates a slight vacuum in the reservoir that draws down that diaphragm to take up the airspace that would otherwise attract moisture into the brake fluid.

@Stoney with a full MC those rubber thingys shouldnt get sucked down, at least mine doesn't unless the MC gets low of fluid. if there is an air pocket inside the ABS unit or your rubber brake hoses are balooning when pressing the pedal, that will cause those things to also get sucked down.

@Stoney with a full MC those rubber thingys shouldnt get sucked down, at least mine doesn't unless the MC gets low of fluid. if there is an air pocket inside the ABS unit or your rubber brake hoses are balooning when pressing the pedal, that will cause those things to also get sucked down.
Yeah, exactly what I was saying. New pads/shoes and full reservoir they're flush with the diaphragm. As the pads/shoes wear and the caliper pistons/cylinder pistons move outward to maintain the distance to the rotor/drum, the fluid level drops in the MC creating a vacuum that draws them down to minimize any air space that would contain moisture that would contaminate the fluid. So popping off the lid to find those hanging down and the reservoir below full is normal after several thousands of miles of wear on the pads and shoes.

Back