• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transfer case going into neutral without shifter movement

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
After using 4 low and then going back into 2 high I have had it pop into neutral several times. The Shifter doesn't move from 2 high. No gear grinding even when I shove it to 4 high and back to get it back in gear. First time this has happened.

I know the passenger side engine mount is shot. I do have a spare transfer case around. Anything I can check before swapping the T-Case?

Has 200k on it at least, not surprised if it's worn out. Don't recall if it was swapped with the trans for awhile or not. If not it has 1/4 mil miles.

Park brake I use often, but, good point! @Will L.

I got mine online from american powertrain. The New chain was cheaper than I could get anywhere including shipping and I had them throw in some nylon pads. If you are splitting the case anyway put in a new chain. Its worth it for about a hundred bucks.

Im in Canada. I know the pain of shipping. Im thrilled Rockauto does reasonable shipping here now. They're great. Couldn't find the nylon pads with them though...

Good news! It's not the transfer case! :D

Bad news! It's doesn't matter as it still comes out with the transmission. :facepalm: Trans is taking time to grab reverse or 1st.

Back