• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tranny Fluid brand???

Texashark

Reaction score
Howdy all!!!

This is my first post and I know it is a subject that has a lot of personal preferences. And that is what I'm after.

What do you feel is the best brand and why?

I live in Texas and I have to consider triple digit temps for about 3 to 4 months out of the year. That has to play into my oil/filter change interval.

Thanks in advance for all the inputs!

I am going to run Transynd when I switch, planning to do it in a month or two. Amsoil is good as well, but Transynd is an Allison product.

I am running Transynd right now, but I may switch to Amsoil when I do the trans. I might as well seeings how we are an Amsoil dealer:D

I'll be going w/ Transynd when it's time to change tranny oil. It's Ally's oil.

I have a question. amsoil has the torq drive and the regular atf... whats the difference?

I could run transyd, but then I cant say that every single fluid in my truck is amsoil,

t just makes it easier when people ask you what youve done to your truck. Which takes me about an hour or so to explain.

speaking of tranny fluid, i stated pulling the tranny apart that was in the 1500 just for the hell of it and the fluid was seriously burnt. It looked like motor oil. And it still looked like motor oil when a gallon of it dumped down my pants. ooops, now I know drain the tranny or when you pick it up dont tilt it so that all of the fluid runs out of the hole where the dipstick was. hehe.

off topic, Im bored thought id share, back to the mighty ally.

Im not sure exactly what i run. I wanna say mobil 1, but ive only checked my fluid, never changed it, and i only changed the filter once, which i gotta do.

Howdy all!!!

This is my first post and I know it is a subject that has a lot of personal preferences. And that is what I'm after.

What do you feel is the best brand and why?

I live in Texas and I have to consider triple digit temps for about 3 to 4 months out of the year. That has to play into my oil/filter change interval.

Thanks in advance for all the inputs!

WHAT COMES IN THEM FROM THE FACTORY? DECRON VI?

Back