• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tool Preference?

What tool brand do you perfer?

• Total voters
My first tool set was given to me at age 16 by my parents. I still have most of them, and am now 50. I think the regular craftsman end wrenches are now of less quality than 20 years ago or more. They're much thicker and heavier and harder to get in tight places. But for the price, it's hard to not buy them. The professional line appears to be made very well with a beautiful finish. It's high on my want-list. But having said this, I would sure like to have a set of Snap on combination wrenches.

A man without tools is a cave man.

Voted other.

I have no high quality name brand tools, but what I have seems to work great. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that much of a tight-ass...I did buy quality name brand Vice-Grips the tool of all tools hahaha.

Snap on or Mac, I brake my crapman ratchets so often i might as well live at the store.

I voted other as there is no one brand of tools that I own. Some tools I like SNAP-ON and others I like MAC. Some things are better in MATCO, and some are just fine in CRAFTSMEN. I simply get what is the best for the long run.

Voted other.

I have no high quality name brand tools, but what I have seems to work great. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that much of a tight-ass...I did buy quality name brand Vice-Grips the tool of all tools hahaha.

I love vise grips, too, and have several pairs of different sizes. I was saddened a number of years ago when production was moved from Dewitt, Nebraska, to China. Can't we make anything here any more?

I earn my living with mt tools, I tend to buy high quality. That being said I have Snap- on, Mac, Matco, Cornwell, craftsman, and some cheap stuff too. It all depends on what I need as to where I get it. They all have some good stuff. Some just have better in a specific tool. For wrenches I like Snap-on and Mac. I will only buy a swivel impact socket from Snap-on. the rest suck big time and tear up your hand when you brake to drive pin. I like snap on screw drivers, but I lose them too much for what they cost. For that I like Craftsman. For my air tools I like IR. My tool boxes are a mixture between snap on and cornwell. I am a field mechanic, so the box usually depends on what will fit in the cabinets on the trucks I end up with.

I pulled wrenches most of my life,I have had and lost/broke plenty of many brands.
I got no particular favorite, I got sets of craftsman, westward and brico(chinese).all of them do the trick and are cheap too. They all carry lifetime waranty,so why bother with snap-on.
If i need a wrench for a particulair situation,I dont think twice before modyfying one up to fit the need.
One does'nt do that so fast with the diamond priced Snap-on would he:eek:

I pulled wrenches most of my life,I have had and lost/broke plenty of many brands.
I got no particular favorite, I got sets of craftsman, westward and brico(chinese).all of them do the trick and are cheap too. They all carry lifetime waranty,so why bother with snap-on.
If i need a wrench for a particulair situation,I dont think twice before modyfying one up to fit the need.
One does'nt do that so fast with the diamond priced Snap-on would he:eek:

I would hazard a guess that the "Brico" is the first to see the torch.:D

I LOVE snap on tools, but I can't afford them. In my experience, Craftsman quality is goingn downhill, and Kobalt tools seem to be decent heavy duty tools.
Scott

Funny as I just read this thread and my personal choice is Craftsman and S-K. I called our guy we buy tools from yesterday about some warranty stuff on some S-K and found out they have been on strike since April of 09 and getting anything is very hard all over the country. They are also the builder for Craftsman currrently so there is problems all over.
I had visited the Peterson Vice-grip factory when I was going to Vo-tech and was impressed and now am sad to see Irwin took everything to China and Tiwan and it is definalty not the same.

Back