• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The "restification" of a 98 6.5 TD...

Well, the moving packers showed up today. Took them all morning but they got the garage done.

They've got another 1 1/2 days of "prepack", 1day of full pack and then it's time to load.

;)

I wish I had someone to pack my stuff. I did most of it myself, what a hassle. I finally have got most of it unpacked though.

I wish you luck, and since I haven't started working it looks like I'll be seeing you when you pick up the steering wheel next week.

My custom 6 gallon side saddle fiberglass tank will have to do!

I am planning to keep another 5 gallon jug in the bed to cover me between service station fill ups.

Or, I can always fill the 30 gallon holding tank in the trailer and refill from there.

Lots of option with this setup.

;)

It's really only for climbing the ranges anyways. I'm not planning to need it once I hit the "flats" in the middle.

Once I'm over the ranges, it's a down hill run with prevailing winds behind me from there.

:)

Could you reclaim the water coming off the a/c evap? I never measured, but I bet down here my a/c makes a gallon every 5 minutes. It would atleast decrease the refill frequency.

Finished the last thing for the trip today;

2 new 88c AC Delco thermostats.

Also sealed up the leaky rear window in the truck cap.

I've done all I can for the old girl now;

She makes it all the way or dies in the process....

may your harmonics be dampened,
and your turbo spooled,
let your torque converter be locked,
and all your fluids run cool

BJ, best of luck, hope the ol girl hangs in there, after following the thread, there should be enough love and devotion alone to get the ol sow over the rockies!

may your harmonics be dampened,
and your turbo spooled,
let your torque converter be locked,
and all your fluids run cool

BJ, best of luck, hope the ol girl hangs in there, after following the thread, there should be enough love and devotion alone to get the ol sow over the rockies!

LOL! Nice poem! lol...

Good luck BJ.

Ya dude good luck. Are able to post along the way? Take some pictures.

Planning on it.

The campsites we've booked are all supposed to have wifi so no problem there. I'll have my toshiba tuning laptop with me and it has all the goodies for editing and posting.

I'm thinking about strapping the camera to the dash and snapping pics as I go. Maybe even the video camera. I've got a 20 Gig HD JVC recorder.

It's just me in the truck (wife is driving her car with her mother) so I need to do it all "one handed"....

Minds out of the gutter now gents.......;)

Old engine out:

1b5fec82.jpg

New engine on the lift and being built up:

88022eab.jpg

2f6c340f.jpg

Should be done tomorrow.

4 pm for the cooler will suck, but it's the best that can be done. Bill wants to make sure it's tuned correctly. I guess we can so that with the oil cooler lines plugged temporarily.

Ever seen a mutant robot spider?

eee7c566.jpg

We caught this big sob sneaking across the floor!

;)

We tested the injectors, two were good the other four had a few weird tendencies. They weren't streaming, but leak down was odd on a couple and a couple would "pee" and never get to the "chatter". They all popped at good pressures.

For 600 bucks, I didn't want to take a chance so I just went a little deeper in debt and bought a new set.

We tested the injectors, two were good the other four had a few weird tendencies. They weren't streaming, but leak down was odd on a couple and a couple would "pee" and never get to the "chatter". They all popped at good pressures.For 600 bucks, I didn't want to take a chance so I just went a little deeper in debt and bought a new set.
what are you using to check yours? i want to either get a tester or build one. i have 3 sets and want to make sure they are good.

Back