• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The "restification" of a 98 6.5 TD...

That was a fun day....

Waxed the trailer today.

All 34 feet of it.....:rolleyes5:

It's all fiberglass and plastic end caps so it needs a coat of wax every year if I want it to stay looking new and fresh.

Used up a whole bottle of Mothers pure carnuba.

My arms are freakin' tired!

;)

Well GW thanks for this thread it has inspired to start working on my 95 eclb truck. I picked it up off a friend it was a home builder truck so it's been well used I only paid 4500 for it with 250 Km on it. So I will be adding my gauges soon and I have already done the 4" DE exhaust and relocated the PMD I like the little things you are doing to your truck I may try some on mine. Anyway great thread nice truck and thanks.

Haggus

Well, it's official:

I'm too deep into the 6.5 financially to justify an LB7 swap.

I'll be running the 599 block until it dies (hoepfully later rather than sooner), then it'll be an Optimizer but preferably a P400.

What the heck, might as well dump another 10 grand into the thing....:rolleyes5:

My damper left the depot down the road today, so it definatley should show up soon.

Not a moment too soon maybe. My stock damper has developed quite a "wobble" and it may be just me but I'd swear I feel more vibration than I used to. The truck is essentially parked now until I get that new damper on.

If the vibe is still there afterwards, I'll probably swap out the trans mount. It's old, soaked in ATF and probably could stand being replaced anyways....

Also, Canada Post is p!ss!ng me off with this strike crap. I just had to call Devils own injection and have Chance shift my shipping to Fedex instead of USPS. 3 day delivery, but I'll most likely get dinged with brokerage again. They were decent about it and covered the price difference between USPS and fedex shipping since I've been waiting for it so long.

I'm in a "rock and a hard place", so I've just got to suck it up and pay that bloody brokerage.

I need that controller and I need it now....:banghead:

Dampr is on.

It's probably just me, but it seems to be a bit smoother at idle.

Meh. I got it to replace the old wobbler and the promise of longevity without worry of failure.

Shoul dbe a bit kinder to the crank too, if it lives up to the hype that is.

I also swapped out the tensioner pulley and front crank seal while I was in there.

The pulley probably has the full 400 000 on it, had a wobble and made a very faint "shhhhhhiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" sound while it ran.

All better now!

:)

Well, it's only been a day and is probably a complete coincedence but I'm seeing approx 4-5 PSI better oil pressure across the rpm and temp range since installing the fluidampr.

That has got to just be coincedence.

I can come up with a couple "out there" reasons why it might be higher with the dampr, but no basis in fact. It just can't really be making a difference in oil pressure with just a damper change....

On another note, Devils Own finally got a shipment of 3 bar progressive controllers in.

I had them ship by FEDEX international express because Canada post is now on rotating strikes, only delivering 3 days a week, is on the verge of a total strike and I need that controller before I leave on 7 July for the trip.

Devils own was good about it though, they sucked up the extra cost over USPS shipping. I might add that they offered that, I didn't ask for it. That was a nice surprise.

I'll still get "dinged" with brokerage and taxes, but I have no choice at this point.

On a good note, the controller is now in shipping, trackable and should be here in less than a week....:)

My back up camera is now working in the center console.

I have the option of turning it on manually or it will come on automatically with the reverse lights.

I've got one more camera to mount high on the bed cap that will look down and show me the hitch so I can drive right up to it and wifey doesn't have to try and guide me to it.

My monitor has several inputs and I'll be able to choose between the camera popinting stright back and the one pointing stright down, depending on what i need at the time.

Boy oh boy, having the wife back me to the trailer hitch for hook up is something I'm looking forward to putting and end too. Anyone who's lived through that experience knows what I'm talking about....:rolleyes5:

Boy oh boy, having the wife back me to the trailer hitch for hook up is something I'm looking forward to putting and end too. Anyone who's lived through that experience knows what I'm talking about...

My wife is pretty good with guiding me in;) but when I don't have the tool box in the back I can see my hitch just fine however I have a 5er so the hitch is right over the axle makes it a little easier.

Here is a question for you about your pop tester I was pricing out parts and can build one for under a 100.00 I just wanted to know where abouts you picked up the fuel line to do yours. Most of the local yards around here don't have much for diesel parts Blacky's up in Duncan is about the only one.

Thanks

Haggus

My wife is pretty good with guiding me in;) but when I don't have the tool box in the back I can see my hitch just fine however I have a 5er so the hitch is right over the axle makes it a little easier.

Here is a question for you about your pop tester I was pricing out parts and can build one for under a 100.00 I just wanted to know where abouts you picked up the fuel line to do yours. Most of the local yards around here don't have much for diesel parts Blacky's up in Duncan is about the only one.

Thanks

Haggus

I got a line from FN99 up in campbell river.

I think the guy wanted 35 bucks IIRC.

Try some of the local diesel shops, they often can make lines for you.

Wow.

The controller for my water injection got here today. Talk about fast! Not wven 48 hours form Ohio to British Columbia. Customs and all.

Anyways, it's installed and ready for some test runs this weekend.

:)

I still have to hook up the tank water level sensor though. Easy job, just one wire.

I do have to redo the high mount warning light panel though.

Things have been kind of "stressful" lately and I may have "accidentally" damaged it with a slight loss of composure when it wouldn't work quite right....

:rolleyes5:

Into the home stretch now;

picked up the trans filter today and 10L of dexron III to change the transmission and tranfer case oil.

6 liters of 75w90 synthetic gear oil then found it's way into the cart.

Finished up with a tube of silicone and a new set of wiper blades.

A litle bit more work to hook up the water low level sensor on the injection tank and she's good to go for our 7000 km run to the east coast....

Back