• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The Powermaster 9052 starter for 6.2 and 6.5

Did PT 3Xs a week for two years up until this July for my blown out right ankle. All the ligaments are shreds, ankle bones and tibia and fibula all in wrong places. Need fusion surgery, two 3" stainless screws in from the back and two 1½" stainless screws up from the bottom, cut my Achilles Tendon off, reposition my heel bone to where it should be, reattach the tendon. 90 days NO weight bearing or movement of the ankle following surgery, then 6 mos of PT, be a full year before back to 100%. Putting it off until I qualify for Medicare. Meanwhile, special insert in my footwear to keep some semblance of an arch and a special brace to wear at the same time to try and keep the tibia and fibula bones on top of my ankle where they're supposed to be, not along the inside like they were/are.

I spent some time covering wires with new wire loom today, after taking the starter back out. I hadn't planned to, but it seemed like shielding anything I can from heat is best. I had planned to snap a photo of the gap and of the covered wires, but forgot. I'll see if I can get a couple shots next time. Inner fender is back up in place, but decided to paint the battery tray since it had some rust on it.

Darn, now after dropping back into this thread, it seems I may have mentioned getting a pic of any gappage between the cover and the starter on My truck, so You would have a reference.
I’ll try and remember to do that tomorrow.

You need to address that oil getting on the starter. Oil will destroy electric motors quickly.
I’ll take a better look at it in the morning.
I did take a quick lookover and it all did seem to be very dry, except for a gob of greasy looking stuff on the one starter bolt.
I think that the yellowish tint is mostly from the way the sun was shining through, coming in from low on the horizon and being that the starter side of the truck is towards the western side.

Back