• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The official "Help a Brother Out" documentation thread (pics, stories, laughs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sound like you guys had WAY to much fun!........That makes it even better!

Thanks again for the updates.....This membership and specifically the "Traveling Tool Team" are an inspiration, in the most down to earth, human level.

I'm proud to be apart of this Family here at DTR.....Thanks to all, Job well done!

Justin, when you get a chance, please give us an update on the flush and fill(s) and any other observations you come across.

Justin,looks like you are the first sunshine member..........

DEERE3594
Sunshine Member #1

You guys are great. This is the coolest thing. People are not supposed to be this nice to one another. Haven't you heard.

I too have a hard time putting my thoughts of gratitude and pride in the efforts of the men on this site. Neighbors helping neighbors that is how I was raised but a lot of people today are only out for number one. I have been bragging about you guys and am proud to call you my friends.

If any of you are ever in the North Georgia area please let me know I would love to shake your hand. :cheers2::patriot::You_Rock_Emoticon::patriotic2:

Here are just a couple more pics. I am not a quick on the draw as Lupo so I didn't get very many.

1st rolling out of the hotel lot
2nd enroute to deere's (wrecker, doc, lupo, me)Sorry its fuzzy driving and cheap camera.
3rd the big moment

Attachments

• 100_1123.jpg
    100_1123.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1124.jpg
    100_1124.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_1131.jpg
    100_1131.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 50
I like this Louis/ Brooklyn tow

Looks like there is the Original Sunshine and then we could look at those who have been helped under the sunshine moniker and it would really have to start with Nick and then Justine if memory serves me correctly. So we could in theory have 3?

I think we should just leave it as it is and those here know when the hidden message comes up that those who can help, will and we leave it all behind the scenes for everyone to have a smile on their face and a bigger smile in their heart!

Looks like there is the Original Sunshine and then we could look at those who have been helped under the sunshine moniker and it would really have to start with Nick and then Justine if memory serves me correctly. So we could in theory have 3?

I think we should just leave it as it is and those here know when the hidden message comes up that those who can help, will and we leave it all behind the scenes for everyone to have a smile on their face and a bigger smile in their heart!

Can't say sorry enough....after all, this was part II......Like I said, just must of gotten ahead of myself. (I would never purposly overlook/minimize or push aside another DTR member)

All Sunshine, usernames (Paul)/participants (DTR Members) and recipients (Nick and Justin) please see all aplogies and except which applies.......I'm gonna go try to pull out, the foot that has somehow gotten stuck in my ear.

I assure you my intentions were good......... Thanks for Reeling me in Radar1053.

Apologies Again,

Louis, I dont think anyone will chastise you , I was not trying to either. Everyone knows what has gone on and we will leave it at that!

Outstanding guys! This gathering is the best on the net for folks who know how to gather together and get it done. Either behind the keyboard or the bumper.

Kudos to all! Having been on the receiving end before of such mercy from this group, I know the feeling Deere.

Idea time

For events such as this in the future, could we all pitch together and have a fund to buy all the tools that are necessary, or would make the job much easier?

Then there could be the official DTR toolbox. (Everyone can sign it too!) Im thinking a top box from a roll around, And have it stationed with someone, and it would be on call. Im thinking get the box in a nice bright "sunshiny" yellow.

Some of the first tools could be som IP wrenches, etc.

What does everyone think?

The problem occurs when someone in Oregon needs them, and they're in PA, or wherever. Not a bad idea, just maybe not practical.

Idea time

For events such as this in the future, could we all pitch together and have a fund to buy all the tools that are necessary, or would make the job much easier?

Then there could be the official DTR toolbox. (Everyone can sign it too!) Im thinking a top box from a roll around, And have it stationed with someone, and it would be on call. Im thinking get the box in a nice bright "sunshiny" yellow.

Some of the first tools could be som IP wrenches, etc.

What does everyone think?

I think it's a great idea.

The problem occurs when someone in Oregon needs them, and they're in PA, or wherever. Not a bad idea, just maybe not practical.

As many members as we have from coast to coast I would think DTR would be a great replacement for USPS/Fed-Ex/UPS. Given the lead time we had with Justin, I know we could have had the "DTR Tool Box" on site in time for the repairs.

Aw, I hate to be a stick in the mud, but most of us have those tools, and it's expensive to ship them... besides, we would LOVE to be there with the tools...

How about a tool/resume thread. A thread for "applying" for jobs that come up to help folks out. List out your abilities and where you are at and if you want to travel.

That will help to build a database of folks who like to be included in anything in the future, what they can do, and if they want to help out.

Whatchya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back