• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tapatalk

Seems to me that Tapatalk is a bit of a data hog. I'll have to be keeping an eye on it. Here's a shot of the last day of our monthly plan and its uses.

Screenshot_2013-09-19-10-27-57.jpg

4gb/month for total shared data for 2 phones & wireless internet

Sent from my SCH-I535

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up on data usage. I still use the IE browser that came with my windows phone anyway. Can't get used to tapatalk.

Talk and text as well as the wireless connection to the house phone are unlimited. The 4 gig is just data

What carrier do you have Les? What about you Mike? I have Verizon, and it costs me $30 for 2 gig of data for my daughter's phone, plus the line charge. I think Sprint is about the cheapest for unlimited everything, but for me the service is not nearly as good. Verizon is much better.

I use net10. It's basically a prepaid phone deal. The actual carrier I'm hooked up to is AT&T. They have agreements with most of the major carriers. Check them out online.

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk 2

Verizon for all. 2 Galaxy S3s, wireless internet hotspot and wireless house phone connection to the internal wires. I don't really think we need the wireless hotspot because either phone will work for the same thing but my desktop PC doesn't connect wireless. I imagine there's a way to make the phones do the same thing but I haven't checked into it yet. I have more time in winter. Our plan is until Apr 2015

Our nephew is a Verizon manager. Why we switched from 8+ years with Sprint for cell. Don't get a service discount but all the activation fees were refunded.

The service has been excellent every place we've been around northern Illinois.
When I go to Colorado in a few weeks I'll see how that goes. So far at least 4x better than Sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Well I guess it's my turn to look into this. Just got me one of dem dare smurt phones today, and trying to read up on what I need to put on it to surf the ole inty web. Mine is running the ANDROID 4.4 KIT KAT. Haven't played with it much yet, still trying to learn it. I'm normally a techy kind of guy, but smurt phones is one area I have resisted for quite some time. Got Straight talk(AKA Wal-Marts unlimited cell phone through TRACFONE, also the same as NET 10) running on the VERIZON network. Wasn't to sure about the AT&T network, so we opted to go with CDMA phones running on VERIZON's 3G instead of the 4G/LTE phones on AT&T and Tmobile. Had METROPCS for years and was happy until Tmobile aquired them. Then I found out Tmobile was shutting off our CDMA phones next year since they are all GSM towers now.

3G may be a problem with tapatalk Ferm. Give it a try. Tapatalk gives you some amount less abilities on the forum but after you're used to it you get comfortable. Probably the biggest difference is no signature info.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Well I guess it's my turn to look into this. Just got me one of dem dare smurt phones today, and trying to read up on what I need to put on it to surf the ole inty web. Mine is running the ANDROID 4.4 KIT KAT. Haven't played with it much yet, still trying to learn it. I'm normally a techy kind of guy, but smurt phones is one area I have resisted for quite some time. Got Straight talk(AKA Wal-Marts unlimited cell phone through TRACFONE, also the same as NET 10) running on the VERIZON network. Wasn't to sure about the AT&T network, so we opted to go with CDMA phones running on VERIZON's 3G instead of the 4G/LTE phones on AT&T and Tmobile. Had METROPCS for years and was happy until Tmobile aquired them. Then I found out Tmobile was shutting off our CDMA phones next year since they are all GSM towers now.

I personally don't like tapatalk...wasted the money on tapatalk pro(not the free one)

I prefer using the phones browser or Firefox browser app with book marks...I always have the setting view desktop version checked off...to me you get the same browsing experience as sitting at home on your laptop...you just stretch the screen and the text automatically fills the screen & adds new lines below...

give it a shot...

I'm just starting to play with it today. I've resisted technology for a LONG time now, so this is a big leap forward for me. I was in the store today looking for an SD card for it, so I went to find the phone I had to see what size SD card it would accept, then it donned on me I could look it up on my phone instead of having to hobble my but over and find my phone. Fay took right to it, but then again she had already had a smurtphone, so she's digging her Iphone.

Back