• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Surging in Reverse! Holy Cow!!!!

Thanks for the info. I am done with vac after this. I am going to buy guages and build a TM. I will keep you posted.
Thanks.

Mike I know you are gonna have so much fun building your TM for yourself that you may feel the urge to build one for me...I know that you feel right at home with a CNC machine....no pressure on ya lol.

Mike I know you are gonna have so much fun building your TM for yourself that you may feel the urge to build one for me...I know that you feel right at home with a CNC machine....no pressure on ya lol.

How presumptuous of you! :skep: LOL! I will build you one too. I have to get gauges first though.
I did a little experiment today. I wired the wastegate shut.(I know, I know, that's a no no!) Just for a couple of miles. No black smoke, so I guess I found the problem. Thanks Jiffaire for the input. I guess I will have to put up with lots of black smoke for a while.(HEE HEE!) What fun!

How presumptuous of you! :skep: LOL! I will build you one too. I have to get gauges first though.
I did a little experiment today. I wired the wastegate shut.(I know, I know, that's a no no!) Just for a couple of miles. No black smoke, so I guess I found the problem. Thanks Jiffaire for the input. I guess I will have to put up with lots of black smoke for a while.(HEE HEE!) What fun!

Careful there, I believe your EGT's will by very high due to the lack of turbo.

Well, you guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but I grounded the FSD to the intake manifold bolt. Is this a no no? If so, where to specifically?

When I was un"screwing" a problem I had (which was something else a whole lot simpler:arf:) it was put to me point blank to put the ground attachment back on the IP. I honestly didn't know why it should make such a difference but DieselPro, Turbine Doc and others are a whole lot smarter than me on the subject so I did as I was told. Sit, Stay, Good truck!:eek:

Well, no surge yet since I changed the ground to the intake bolt. That doesn't mean the problem is solved though. It may happen yet.

When you least expect it.

In a parking lot.

A tight one.

Full of really expensive cars.

Owned by lawyers.

:)

Not trying to jinx you, or anything...

Well, if I "need" to ground it to the IP, where specifically on it do I need to ground it. I don't want to get sued!:sick:

Going to buy a boost gauge today and make a TM in the next couple of days. Boy does she smoke at WOT!

When you least expect it.

In a parking lot.

A tight one.

Full of really expensive cars.

Owned by lawyers.

:)

Not trying to jinx you, or anything...

Worse...repositioning for a tight parking spot with 75 Harley Davidson's lined up directly behind you!:yikes:
Been there, done that! Thank goodness I had the foot on the brake, friends in the group and a cooler full of iced water and such for that PGR mission.:patriot:

Well crap! It did it again. Luckily there were no lines ups of Harleys or expensive lawyer cars around. Any thoughts on my problem? ECM maybe? Can somebody please explain to me where exactly on the IP I should be grounding the PMD harness? I am open to all suggestions.

Last edited:
My 95 did the surge in reverse, BAD! I almost ran over an 80 year old lady at the tag office one day. I have upgraded brakes on mine, and still couldn't hold it still when it would lunge. No ryhme or reason to it, no repeatable pattern to it either. It would just happen out of nowhere, and ALWAYS in reverse. I tried a new FSD, and low and behold it came back again. Replaced the ECM and NEVER happened again. Gave my ECM to a friend for a no start problem he had. His truck ran fine with it, but low and behold it would surge in reverse HARD! Mine was 100% ECM, without a doubt.

I think I have ECM issues. Got my boost thing all figured out, that is I got a boost gauge and know what's going on. Princess Auto, 22 bucks, and it works great. Time for a home made pressure release control mechanism for the engine intake pressurization device. All in good time. Thanks for asking Gerald!

I think I have ECM issues. Got my boost thing all figured out, that is I got a boost gauge and know what's going on. Princess Auto, 22 bucks, and it works great. Time for a home made pressure release control mechanism for the engine intake pressurization device. All in good time. Thanks for asking Gerald!

Whats that about? A valve that will blow open at 15psi?

Sorry guys, I don't have the cash to shell out for a new upgrade right now, but it hasn't surged in about a month and a half. Liveable for now. To recap: New FSD, remote mounted behind grill, proper grounding for fsd harness, other wise stock. It is down to the IP(original) or the ECM. Either way, it's gonna cost.
Cheers!

Back