• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stanadyne lubricity Addititive - what is it?

Ha! Thats cool about the dexcool. Friend of mine started adding a/c dye into radiator to find leaks back in the 80's.

B02 is as much ad they did in the test. 04 is about the max result for lube. Anyone that finds any of the places using peanut oil- RUN AWAY. That stuff is a nightmare, we tried to get unky sam to outlaw it from how much damage it done, but not worth the liability of them having to test for it so they wont.

Afaik, added bio has to be labeled on the pump, but it may be renamed. Ethanol /methanol is called "oxygenated fuel" here. Have to read and research those little stickers at your gas station.

Im thrilled to hear and know all this. The report on all the different additives tested was fantastic. I run stanadyne and 10w30 as a staple for my DS4. Its nice to hear some solid data that it can only help. I run some atf too (I do have a centrifuge!) and the Red thing always lurks in my fears but blacklight testing puts me at ease. Thanks everyone!

Any of guys ever run the OPTI-LUBE Products in your Diesel trucks? I have run the XPD some in my truck, but couldn't tell you if it is any better than Stanadyne or not. According to a test (by Spicer, some of you know him) I saw it was rated pretty good, but there again how accurate was the testing. Other than maybe better fuel mileage or performance what would one expect as a comparison of the two, except for maybe better fuel flow (non-icing) during extreme cold weather. I am sure some of the products are merely just snake oil that is taking our money, as some of you mentioned. I generally add either Stanadyne or Opti-Lube to my tank especially in the winter. Don't know if it is a waste of money, but at least in my mind I think it is doing some kind of good.

Back