• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Solution for idle surge

I know my LB7 had BAD idle surge, and the FPR fixed it. I'm not sure if the LLY's suffer from the same failure or not as they use a different FPR in them. It is pretty easy to check if you have access to a scanner. Look at actual and desired rail pressure, if it rapidly fluctuates more than 200 or so then chances are you have a bad FPR.

I know my LB7 had BAD idle surge, and the FPR fixed it. I'm not sure if the LLY's suffer from the same failure or not as they use a different FPR in them. It is pretty easy to check if you have access to a scanner. Look at actual and desired rail pressure, if it rapidly fluctuates more than 200 or so then chances are you have a bad FPR.

Just checked mine with my Predator.... It fluctuated between 1300 something to 1600+ after watching it for about 2-3 minutes.

Don't understand why someone hasn't found the problem yet.

I would not say that. I identified idle surge/lope in LLY 4 years ago. It is addressed with tuning, specifically pulse refinement.

There is also low speed lope, which is addressed with pressure refinement. This was the TSB GM launched under warranty, but it was not very effective. They did not adjust enough of the FRP table.

Back