• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

So, why do you drive a diesel?

When they mandate e.v.'s, they will will lose revenue on fuel taxes.
Thats when the tax by the mile scheme will kick in.

You think it sucks now....just wait. No bureaucrat ever met a tax they wouldn't live without...

Better get that home gasification plant built. What can I grow on 2-1/2 acres - its in hay now. - that I can power our vehicles off of?

A big still is pretty expensive. I forget how big a friends still was. Something like 5,000 to 10,000 gallons. Stainless tank. It got scrapped after he died.

Wish I'd have been in the right place at the right time, I'd have been all over that and a bunch of other stuff that got scrapped.

Better get that home gasification plant built. What can I grow on 2-1/2 acres - its in hay now. - that I can power our vehicles off of?

A big still is pretty expensive. I forget how big a friends still was. Something like 5,000 to 10,000 gallons. Stainless tank. It got scrapped after he died.

Wish I'd have been in the right place at the right time, I'd have been all over that and a bunch of other stuff that got scrapped.
Potatoes makes vodka. Might be a huge market for that stuff if all the Russian vodka gets banned from our country.

Saw a couple of those charge stations outside of a Kohls store today. Says 2 hr limit. Who pays for the electrical use? Municipalities (aka taxpayers)?
The car owner.
Sometimes the car manufacturer pays for it because the car sales price includes power. Like the top model Tesla are often bought with free supercharging for life.

Thats what caused the potato famine in 1840. It spreads, mainly by transit of infected potatoes, tomatoes etc to the next batch. It’s like any other contagion- one infected potato gets to a crop land and gets turned into the soil can spring it up in the other crops.

Really sux for the farmers there, yeah. But the farmers here are freaked out over the idea of not just killing the one season. My sister in Idaho explained this to me years ago when this happened to a few local farmers there. Government stepped in made them destroy the crops by fire, clear the burnings, grow some kind if short hay and burn that out -twice. So they had to loose entire crop, and use one full season to grow two quick crops of hay, ruined 2 full seasons in the end. But it completely stopped the issue. And now those farmers are way on top of any fungus/mold issues like the over watering or not doing sub grade drainage in naturally wet areas.

When we drive in a car or even motorcycle from Vegas to SoCal, we cross a border checkpoint where we can not take across fruit. I didn’t know this and first time I went we were going on vacation for a week camping. I bought a 5lb bag from grocery store mixed apples, oranges, etc. confiscated. Worries about fruit flies.
going into any national park here, we can not bring in any fire wood from outside that forest.

Out and about this morn...

Gas 3.99.9
Diesel 4.99.9

Fox News talking heads saying we may be negotiating to buy oil from Iran and Venezuela.

I'm wondering what's wrong with American oil...?

Idk any more...what a mess.

I drive to Billings this morning for a Dr appt on the back thing.
I’ll check the prices on my way out of town, I’ll see what prices is in Billings the decide if I should fuel there or wait until I get back home and hope a new shipment of diesel has not come in whilst I am gone. 😖😹😹😹

Out and about this morn...

Gas 3.99.9
Diesel 4.99.9

Fox News talking heads saying we may be negotiating to buy oil from Iran and Venezuela.

I'm wondering what's wrong with American oil...?

Idk any more...what a mess.

Same station, later today.

Gas. 4.19.9
Diesel 5.09.9

Back