• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Smokin'!!

There is alot of wrong information out there about injectors. Like 40hp marine injectors. Or one vendor out there claiming marine injectors dont have a throttling pintle... both of those statements are completely false.

The injectors do three important things for fuel delivery into the combustion chamber. Spray pattern, flow rate curve and duration. The pintle design determines the spray pattern. The stock and marine injectors throttle fuel on initial opening identically. The only difference is once the marine injector reaches full needle lift the pintle design allows for more flow. Thus changing the flow rate and spray pattern.

Pop pressure is used to control duration. Higher pressure means the same fuel volume in a shorter amount of time. Lower pressure makes duration longer. Thats why pop pressure has increased on the 6.x platform over the years because the fuel volume was increased. And marine pumps flow the most, which explains the highest stock pop pressure. The best way to make power is the most fuel in the shortest amount of time. So increasing pop pressure is a good way to optimize performance. And on a modified pump or tuned DS4 its required to keep duration times short.

What the sweet spot for duration should be is something no one knows other that the engineers that designed it. But I'm determined to figure that out. That and pintle design to get the desired flow rate curve. The Idi is a two part combustion process and I believe fueling needs to be correct to optimize that process. Ive been itching to post about what I've been up to the past 6 months.... stay tuned.

Last edited:
So I replaced all of my injectors with Bosch from Rock Auto. I've been having a lot of smoke from the tailpipe along with an injector knock. After reviewing my order I found that the picture of the injector on the Rock Auto site says "India". So with a little digging I found the Bosch injectors are not made in Germany any more but India and they're junk. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or can confirm that they are junk. Please let me know know. Thanks

I just installed new injectors purchased from Leroy Diesel. They are made in India and work damn fine straight out of the box with no testing. The old injectors were reportedly Bosch Marine Injectors purchased from Heath Diesel (have the receipt) and they too were made in India.

One thing I learned about RockAuto is that they are a third-party vendor and you cannot verify where they sourced the parts from. AC Delco stated they would not honor a warranty on Injection Pumps purchased from RockAuto for this reason. I'm comfortable purchasing low value items from RockAuto, as they are less prone to be knock offs. History has shown that the cheaters and knock off artist focus on high value items like IPs and injectors particularly on remans.

Last edited:
I just installed new injectors purchased from Leroy Diesel. They are made in India and work damn fine straight out of the box with no testing. The old injectors were reportedly Bosch Marine Injectors purchased from Heath Diesel (have the receipt) and they too were made in India.

One thing I learned about RockAuto is that they are a third-party vendor and you cannot verify where they sourced the parts from. AC Delco stated they would not honor a warranty on Injection Pumps purchased from RockAuto for this reason. I'm comfortable purchasing low value items from RockAuto, as they are less prone to be knock offs. History has shown that the cheaters and knock off artist focus on high value items like IPs and injectors particularly on remans.
Anymore, I would still not install injectors from anywhere without testing first. I've got way too many bad parts over the years. It only takes one leaker to cause an issue and you may never notice a minor leaker.

Where did you source shims to get your injectors to pop within desired spec? Last I looked shims were even harder to find than decent Bosch injectors & nozzles
shims was found to STAR DIESEL Italy, but i think you can found in USA also, see www.stardiesel.com
nozzles was found to a dealeder in Italy, he had these "Bosch made in Brazil" nozzles in stock for a long time, many years, and after about two years from the first contact he hadn't sold even one, .... I realized he wanted to get rid of them, I made an offer for all of them that he had in stock (22 pieces). and now I think I have solved how to rebuilt the injectors for life

shims was found to STAR DIESEL Italy, but i think you can found in USA also, see www.stardiesel.com
nozzles was found to a dealeder in Italy, he had these "Bosch made in Brazil" nozzles in stock for a long time, many years, and after about two years from the first contact he hadn't sold even one, .... I realized he wanted to get rid of them, I made an offer for all of them that he had in stock (22 pieces). and now I think I have solved how to rebuilt the injectors for life

22 pieces?? As in 22 nozzles and full shim packs for each? How big of a shim selection did you get?

Long time now so dont remember what it was I ordered, Description said individually packaged, dont remember the number so Say 10 was ordered. When it got to Me, it was ten packages with ten or so in each package. 😹😹😹😹
I hope the same is true on Your nozzles.
When I get ready to test the injectors in My truck, I possibly might be contacting You for nozzles, if mine would need them, and, if You would be interested in releasing a small amount of them.

22 pieces?? As in 22 nozzles and full shim packs for each? How big of a shim selection did you get?

No....nozzle was bought alone from a Bosch dealeder

and shims was bought from Star Diesel...you can choise all you need for ....my choise was 0.05 mm, 0.10mm, 0.20mm to add to exsting deep shim...but you can also choise for a deep rectified shim as deep as you need, better choise if you have a complete shims kit ...if i remember well from 0.05 mm to 1.98mm. but it is not cheap.

if you add small shim to existing shim, remenber to add to injector body side and not to coil side. coil can easy destroy the small shim

for what i remenber when i did pop test the injector a 0.05 mm shim change the pressure of about 130 psi. for your refence

Long time now so dont remember what it was I ordered, Description said individually packaged, dont remember the number so Say 10 was ordered. When it got to Me, it was ten packages with ten or so in each package. 😹😹😹😹
I hope the same is true on Your nozzles.
When I get ready to test the injectors in My truck, I possibly might be contacting You for nozzles, if mine would need them, and, if You would be interested in releasing a small amount of them.

Yes .... nozzles are individually packaged and sealed, normally packed in 10 pieces box.
this is my stock with Bosch brasilian sealed nozzles and made in India nozzles removed from new injectors and stocked here, if needed.

Attachments

• Bosch nozzles.jpg
    Bosch nozzles.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 14
Back